I think I'm hurt

I started pitching probably 2 months ago, and I just started throwing. I’ve never conditioned or stretched, I just watched Jon Lester pitch and started throwing like him. Now my elbow is sore all the time, and my shoulder hurts when I throw. Also the throwing arm side of my rib cage hurts when I throw. What can I do to stop this?

Stop throwing like Jon Lester, and start throwing the way that worked for you previously.

[quote=“Lizard King”]Stop throwing like Jon Lester, and start throwing the way that worked for you previously.[/quote]Thats how I’ve always done it. I watched him throw the no-no and went outside in the morning and threw like him

[quote="jonlester31Thats how I’ve always done it. I watched him throw the no-no and went outside in the morning and threw like him[/quote]

If your injured trying to imitate him than i would say your definately not immitatating him correctly. televised baseball offers only 1 angle of view and its definately not the correct one to be copying mechanics from. i would say you shouldnt copy mechanics from any major leaguer. you should try finding a pitching coach, and have him help you with your mechanics. youve only been pitching awhile so you should be easy to mold.

Well their are a couple muscles in there. You have the pec major and the pec minor, and then the intercostal or rib muscles. I have strained a couple intercostal muscles, but I did it because I reflexed so hard and quick to my side that I pulled a two or three of them in my lower ribs. I haven’t heard of anyone ever straining an intercostal muscle pitching. I can’t even imagine how that would happen to tell you the truth.

The most likely possibility, if it is a throwing injury, is that you have a slightly strained pec (pectoralis) minor. The pec minor is a much more important muscle than many people realize. It “pulls” your scapula, shoulder blade, downward and towards the middle of your body. Basically, it holds the shoulder blade where it is. The best way I can imagine you straining this muscle is by having deficient strength in the muscles surrounding your scapula and shoulder.

The best question I could ask you is if your throwing shoulder is if you would consider your shoulders to be straight or rolled. A picture would help. This wouldn’t tell me if you strained the muscle, but if you have deficient “stopper” muscles this would be evident.

Do the Thrower’s 10 found here.
Try 2 sets of it. Tell me how much your scap burns on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not so much and 10 being ridiculous burn.

I’m not a doctor and I don’t claim to be, so me telling you that you strained your pec minor doesn’t mean that’s what actually happened. It’s an educated guess, if you will.

If your injured trying to imitate him than i would say your definately not immitatating him correctly. televised baseball offers only 1 angle of view and its definately not the correct one to be copying mechanics from. i would say you shouldnt copy mechanics from any major leaguer. you should try finding a pitching coach, and have him help you with your mechanics. youve only been pitching awhile so you should be easy to mold.[/quote]I’m 14, were am I going to get a pitching coach I don’t have the money for that.

[quote=“NPA Pitcher”]Well their are a couple muscles in there. You have the pec major and the pec minor, and then the intercostal or rib muscles. I have strained a couple intercostal muscles, but I did it because I reflexed so hard and quick to my side that I pulled a two or three of them in my lower ribs. I haven’t heard of anyone ever straining an intercostal muscle pitching. I can’t even imagine how that would happen to tell you the truth.

The most likely possibility, if it is a throwing injury, is that you have a slightly strained pec (pectoralis) minor. The pec minor is a much more important muscle than many people realize. It “pulls” your scapula, shoulder blade, downward and towards the middle of your body. Basically, it holds the shoulder blade where it is. The best way I can imagine you straining this muscle is by having deficient strength in the muscles surrounding your scapula and shoulder.

The best question I could ask you is if your throwing shoulder is if you would consider your shoulders to be straight or rolled. A picture would help. This wouldn’t tell me if you strained the muscle, but if you have deficient “stopper” muscles this would be evident.

Do the Thrower’s 10 found here.
Try 2 sets of it. Tell me how much your scap burns on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not so much and 10 being ridiculous burn.

I’m not a doctor and I don’t claim to be, so me telling you that you strained your pec minor doesn’t mean that’s what actually happened. It’s an educated guess, if you will.[/quote]The link didn’t work

quote=“jonlester31”]I’m 14, were am I going to get a pitching coach I don’t have the money for that.[/quote]
You normally dont need money for a pitching coach, your school baseball team usually has a coach knowledgeable about pitching. use him man, its what hes there for.

You normally dont need money for a pitching coach, your school baseball team usually has a coach knowledgeable about pitching. use him man, its what hes there for.[/quote]I’m not on any team. Thats why I’m throwing at a wall, with a duct tape strike zone

i would seriously think of finding a team, its the by far the easiest way to improve.