I suck

The last couple times Ive pitched have been horrible. Homerun after homerun walk after walk or I’m hitting the guys or something bad is happening. I know i don’t compare to other guys on my team who are low to mid 80’s with decent control because I’m mid 60’s mid 70’s with control sometimes. My mechanics are never consistent. They change all the time. When I pitch my arm slot isn’t the same as when I just play catch and I don;t have any clue why. Like i just don’t know what to do. Like the way I’ve been pithing I just really want to give up. I mean I know i can be good but it just hasn’t happened. It feels like I haven’t thrown a good game in so long .

Plus, honestly, for me being 6’1" 180 lbs, and being 17 throwing that slow is just sad. But the worst part is I don’t know how to fix it…I have like absolutely 0% confidence right now in myself and I just don’t know what to do.

Matter of fact today I just gave up a 3 run bomb and 5 runs total in a 1/3 of an inning and the team had to tie the game because of that. Not to mentions because of my throwing mechanics changing from just playing catch to my pitching I pulled a muscle in my shoulder. I’m going crazy and I’m miserable.

practice more. Get a bucket of balls and throw into a net or fence every day

i agree, but dont throw 100% work on control and it will come

Both Spencer and Too Much are right. I’d also like for you to keep in mind that if you think you stink…you stink. Get positive man! Not every outing will be the most perfect outing…So what? We all will have to look at a lack of success at some point…How are you gonna be? Moping and whining around…who’s gonna make you feel better…Your mommy? Get your tail out there and work, try to understand why it was that things didn’t work out last time and change it…you may have to work harder, you may have to work smarter, you may have to get less or more rest…what the heck ever…I can assure you of one thing…feeling sorry for yourself will get you nothing…not one stinkin lousey thing. Perhaps you should figure out if you can cut this…if not move on and have a happy life, if it’s your passion in life then you better square up that hat stick your face in the wind so to speak and get at it. Life will give you failures…it’s how you adjust and deal with it that will determine the depth of your charactor. Give yourself a swift kick in the kiester and motivate positively…It will get better.

Spencer, no matter how hard you try you just can’t help but be a good guy :lol:

:roll:

I like how all your posts lack paragraphs

Really…I could teach you…if your willing to put in the time to encompass a whole thought and concept within the frame work of the single paragraph method…Why have all of those wasted grammatical flourishes…take a breath between statements or even attempt to structure the language in any particular manner…I will open new vistas for you young man…

Yes, you do follow a consistent structure, then again, I can be consistent when I pitch but if I am consistently out of the strike zone, it’s no use! :wink:

Magicbum: do you have any thoughts on our suggestions?

So…I can teach you the wonders of non-pause thought (I like to call it one stop writing :lol: )…but it may not do any good…because…You be Spencer and come from where you come from (AND live in Texas)…so I might be out of the zone, if our brains connect…right?

Ya know, on another site, I rail about spell check nazi’s…you gonna be our grammer guru? “Conferring for a semi-colon Mr Spencer sir”…“Can I italicize boss?” “Hit me with that double entandre Mr Man…sir”, it just doesn’t have the right feel…Magicbumm I’m having this Spencer problem…any ideas? :shock: I was thinking liberal application of Preparation-H…cause he’s a pain in my… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

How much does it pay?

We’ll let you sleep on a cot in the back…and feed you leftover Popeyes chicken from Palatka, Florida…and even let you wash up at the sink once a week (As long as you schedule it).

Sure beats college… 8)

…and, when you do take all of this great advice and you practice more, just make sure that it’s very specific practice. That is, on a mound, at the right distance, at targets and at a similar effort level as in the games. Throwing into a net may be good for some things but not for your accuracy. Practice what you’re going to be doing. The further away from game situation your practice is, the less effective it will be for control purposes.

Yes! Throwing into a net is not the best thing for control. If you do decide to throw into a net, put a piece of duct tape on the net to use as your target (or multiple pieces for different spots). HIT THE TARGET!

Edit:
Also, try setting aside some time for visualisation only. Just lay down, close your eyes, and imagine doing what you need to do to be successful. Imagine the ballpark, the blue sky, the green grass, and work your way down to the little details such as the little smudge in the catcher’s mitt… and hit it.

I’ll re-iterate that for target practice to be most effective, make the practice environment as close as possible to the game environment, in every respect.

Practice Practice Practice… I ask kids all the tiime if they could beat me in halo… They say, ofcourse… I ask why? Well because I play it everyday coach… ahhh, then the lightbulb goes off… They practice video games all the time! How bout pitching some?

[quote=“Hammer”]Practice Practice Practice… I ask kids all the tiime if they could beat me in halo… They say, ofcourse… I ask why? Well because I play it everyday coach… ahhh, then the lightbulb goes off… They practice video games all the time! How bout pitching some?[/quote] :rofl2: :applause: Awesome, Hammer!!!

If people practiced real guitar as much as they played guitar hero, they would have millions of dollars and tons of groupies. Guitar Hero is more fun though. :smiley:

[size=18]Rock Band!!![/size]

My vocals on “We Won’t Get Fooled Again”, “Enter Sandman” and “Green Grass and High Tides”, are beyond compare!!! Well you couldn’t compare them to actual “real” vocals…but I sure got the old Daltry mic swing DOWN!!

[quote=“jdfromfla”]My vocals on “We Won’t Get Fooled Again”, “Enter Sandman” and “Green Grass and High Tides”, are beyond compare!!! Well you couldn’t compare them to actual “real” vocals…but I sure got the old Daltry mic swing DOWN!![/quote]Video!! We want video!! Come on, jd. Don’t hold out on us now. :clapping: :guitar:

look…I gotta spensive Sony Vid Cam…and you want me to start melting down the lens with my ugly mug and messing up the mic with my…shall we say…unique vocal stylings? I’ll have to get it covered under my home owners policy first. :oops:
I don’t mnd the torturing you guys but I think it will get me banned forever from U-Tube :shock:

[quote=“jdfromfla”]look…I gotta spensive Sony Vid Cam…and you want me to start melting down the lens with my ugly mug and messing up the mic with my…shall we say…unique vocal stylings? I’ll have to get it covered under my home owners policy first. :oops:
I don’t mnd the torturing you guys but I think it will get me banned forever from U-Tube :shock:[/quote]

You could post it on a website like liveleak which allows more… explicit… videos.