I need to increase my velocity quick!

Hello Again Fellas,
New to the forum. I need to increase my velocity fast. I’m in college and in my senior year. Just this weekend hitting around 86-88. [size=18]Just wondering if you had some tips on how to increase velocity during the end of the season. [/size]It would be greatly appreciated. I have tried almost everything. Just hoping someone out there would know something new that maybe I haven’t tried or could use.
Good Luck, Thanks,
Josh

Mechanics would be the way. Go in front on a mirror and go through your motion and really make sure your following all the way through and remember for every inch you can reach out with your hand the ball will go 2 mph faster.

Hi Josh,

It is all in the mechanics. GET THEM DOWN and speed and control will follow. Too many people do not understand the importance and value of sound mechanics. I am here to tell you, this is where it is.

Thanks for the replys,
I have worked on my mechanics for years. I think they are pretty sound, but I know I can always get alittle better. Don’t know what else to try. I want to keep playing baseball after college. Topping out at 88 as a righty just isn’t good enough.
Thanks again,
Josh

[quote=“jblah557”]Thanks for the replys,
I have worked on my mechanics for years. I think they are pretty sound, but I know I can always get alittle better. Don’t know what else to try. I want to keep playing baseball after college. Topping out at 88 as a righty just isn’t good enough.
Thanks again,
Josh[/quote]im going to be the first to tell you that 88 is decent, how fast does greg maddux throw? no its not about speed its about control of ALL of your pitches, do you think someone that throws 84 and has great control of his fastball and has offspeed pitches that can get anyone on their heels wont do decent in minor league ball or even pro ball, minor league pitchers in lower leagues very rarely throw 88+, anybody that throws 88 in college has a shot, because scouts will realize that they can help you gain velocity with their training they have

Weighted baseballs would be worth a shot.

It is about velocity if you wanna get to pro ball. every single pro tryout ive been 2 every single scout has said VELOCITY is what gets you here but that something else keeps you here. Everybody uses Greg Maddux as an example for someone who doesnt throw hard but when he came into the MLB he threw 90 hes effective now bcuz of his experience. If you think that any pro team is gonna waste money on someone who doesnt have good velocity your nuts. 88 mph is good velocity but i agree with JBLAH that he might need to add 2 mph to his fast ball to stand out in a scouts eye. Weighted balls im a big believer in also.

I will definetly try the weighted balls. I have a program and balls I bought about a year ago. Hopefully it will give me that few xtra MPH. LPH32 your exactly right, 90 is that magic number so many scouts look at.
Thanks fellas,
josh

good luck with the rest of your yr lets us know how it all goes. im the same way right now im consistently at 86-88 tryin to get to the 90 status and hopefully open some scouts eyes.