I need to gain as much weight as possible!

Okay I’m 18 years old, about 5’11 maybe even 6’0 (Haven’t checked for a while). I’m only like 130 pounds and ever since I was in about 8th grade I’ve wanted to really gain weight.

My story about eating goes as such… When I was little like from ages 1-4 I ate just about anything and I was considered a chubby baby, but then I got really picky and I didn’t eat alot of things. Meat was a big issue of mine. Its not that I didn’t like it, its that I HATED and I still hate the gross fat that comes on it that makes me want to puke when I chew it, so most of the time I just tried to pick my way around it and that never amounted to much…

Then over the last few years I’ve gotten alot better with all of that, I hit a growth spurt at the end of my sophomore year into my junior year and grew from about 5’6 to 5’10. I began to eat more (I think) but still not much weight gain, just probably from the height gain more than likely. Now I just graduated from high school and like I said I’m about 5’11-6’0 and weigh around 130 pounds (not sure exactly what it is).

My plan is to workout all summer and gain as much weight as possible before I start school this August. I am a pretty strong kid for my size, my bench press is nearly 200 pounds. Now, I need some sort of workout to increase my weight wether it be a 10, 20, 30, or 40 pound increase. Please help me!!! =)

[quote=“Bearsfan1”]Okay I’m 18 years old, about 5’11 maybe even 6’0 (Haven’t checked for a while). I’m only like 130 pounds and ever since I was in about 8th grade I’ve wanted to really gain weight.

My story about eating goes as such… When I was little like from ages 1-4 I ate just about anything and I was considered a chubby baby, but then I got really picky and I didn’t eat alot of things. Meat was a big issue of mine. Its not that I didn’t like it, its that I HATED and I still hate the gross fat that comes on it that makes me want to puke when I chew it, so most of the time I just tried to pick my way around it and that never amounted to much…

Then over the last few years I’ve gotten alot better with all of that, I hit a growth spurt at the end of my sophomore year into my junior year and grew from about 5’6 to 5’10. I began to eat more (I think) but still not much weight gain, just probably from the height gain more than likely. Now I just graduated from high school and like I said I’m about 5’11-6’0 and weigh around 130 pounds (not sure exactly what it is).

My plan is to workout all summer and gain as much weight as possible before I start school this August. I am a pretty strong kid for my size, my bench press is nearly 200 pounds. Now, I need some sort of workout to increase my weight wether it be a 10, 20, 30, or 40 pound increase. Please help me!!! =)[/quote]

You can try a gainer. To gain 40 pounds, you would have to shell out alot for food. OR you can just go buy something like “Russian Bear 5000”, which is like a hyper-gainer. But remember to workout hard, or you will just get fat.

Okay, where is this gainer thing that I can look at? Sorry Im a noob.

It is a little hard to find. You will probably have to look on Bodybuilding.com to get it. Might be able to find it at “The Vitamin Shoppe”, the store, not the site.

THere are others you can try, that are probably cheaper, like GNC brand, and they usually have a decent taste.

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe outlines some good programs to gain weight quickly. You can get a new copy for 20 bucks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976805405/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
It involves drinking lots of whole milk and lifting heavy in the main exercises, but it has a proven track record and its extremely simple. I would start out by using the Starting Strength program for 3-4 months, then switching to something like DeFrancos WSFSB - http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf

I’m guessing your like my son. 6’ and weighs 150. Didn’t even register on body fat tests until just recently. We tried “weight gain” powders and they never worked. They are made to gain lean muscle and what you need is some actual body fat. I have had him drinking 3 Ensure Plus’s per day besides regular meals. This is an extra 1000 calories. It was formulated for people to gain weight after extended hospital stays or injuries. He is now slowing gaining at a pound or two per month, which is about right. Good luck.

[quote=“kc86”]Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe outlines some good programs to gain weight quickly. You can get a new copy for 20 bucks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0976805405/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
It involves drinking lots of whole milk and lifting heavy in the main exercises, but it has a proven track record and its extremely simple. I would start out by using the Starting Strength program for 3-4 months, then switching to something like DeFrancos WSFSB - http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf[/quote]

Man, I remember when I did that whole milk thing… But then I became lactose intolerant… Fun times! … not…

Start adding a little bit of healthy fats to each meal… Possibly up your carb intake depending on your body type… Google Nutrigenetics. Read up, experiment, but most important, stay consistent… And pay attention to your digestion… Most people do not seem to understand that 75 % of your immune system is in your intestinal tract. Thus an empty colon is a happy colon… And, well, generally when one digests their food efficiently, they should have more energy.

Any who, oats, milk, almond or peanut butter, and whey protein a couple times a day along with your meals…

Oats are highly acidic, so if your gut doesn’t feel good, balance out your system with some greens… (alkaline)…

Hey, looking over your post again… You are probably a carb type… Meaning you would probably make better gains if you were add some additional complex carbohydrates to each meal. Along with keeping your protein intake at moderate levels, while keeping your fat intake low…

Just based off of your perception of beef, you’re similar to me… From age 1-3, I ate pretty much any anything, but then some girl decided to drop a door on me… And my face slammed into the concrete and I ended up having to be rushed to the hospital… But any who, after this incident, my eating habits changed and I began talking for the first time…

I never had a steak in my life until age 16 or 17. So yeah… Anyways, man, up your carb intake, add in a little bit of healthy fats to each to meal, and other then that, aim for around 30-40 grams of protein per meal…

Any other abnormalities you’d like to cite? I know with me, I might have hyperthyroidism… Although, I can’t confirm this until I get blood tests done…

Any who, good luck.

Edit: Also, I wouldn’t focus so much on the bench press… It’s all in the squat, haha, or box squats…