I need some real professional pitching Advice

Well you may find my story very hard to believe, If im lieing God strike me in the head with a 300 mph fastball…ok Im still here.

Well Im 18 yrs old and i throw in the 88-90 mph range. I flirt with 91 92 once in a while depending on how i feel. Now this is the part you probably would never believe, I never iced my arm in my life and/or had pain in my arm. (Truth) I practice everyday for about 6 hours a day.

Now this is my ‘dilema’

Whenever i throw on flat ground I can throw my normal 88-90 mph fastball. But when i throw off of a mound i Feel as if though im throwing low eighties. My mechanics are in tune because i have a pro trainer BUT when he teaches me about mechanics and such, i throw slow too. Can someone please tell me or let me know something.

Oh and one more thing. I tend to tighten my arm when i throw sort of like isometrically not keeping it really loose. Should it be kept very lose or strong?

thanks, Iknow ill be posting like crazy on this site…(Im new :stuck_out_tongue: )

Not icing is believable. The claims today say that, while icing helps with swelling and inflammation, it also slows down the recovery process because it slows down blood flow.

Now, the part about practicing every day for 6 hours is questionable although with Dice-K coming to America people are starting to think that maybe pitchers should be throwing - and even pitching - a whole lot more than they do. But the jury is really still out on that one.

[quote]Now this is my ‘dilema’

Whenever i throw on flat ground I can throw my normal 88-90 mph fastball. But when i throw off of a mound i Feel as if though im throwing low eighties. My mechanics are in tune because i have a pro trainer BUT when he teaches me about mechanics and such, i throw slow too. Can someone please tell me or let me know something.[/quote]
Let’s get one thing straight here. Do you just feel like you’re throwing slower of are you actually throwing slower? I could see putting the mechanics and timing together with the slope of the mound and the effect of gravity such that you end up using your body to throw more than on flat ground. And that can make you feel like you’re not throwing hard even though you are. I think pitchers somtimes associate the feeling of throwing their arm out of their socket with throwing hard.

Many people think that tightening up slows you down. I have no proof that is the case but I also have no reason to doubt it. I do think there is something to be said for a pitcher who looks smooth and effortless and I don’t think you look that way when you tense up.