I have three weeks

Hello there! My travel team is going to a canadian prospects tournament three weeks from now and I am looking for any way to increase my velocity so I can get a good look from the scouts. Where should I start? any advice? nutrition, throwing programs, weight training, I’m open to anything. Thank you for the help!

3 weeks isn’t a lot of time.

What are you currently doing?

Get some video up of yourself that will help as well.

Where is the tournament being played?

I am currently throwing almost every day, long toss 3x a week and have signed up to pitch for at least 5-6 exhibition games between now and the start of the tournament. It is in Centralia Washington. I will get video up as soon as possible!

I am currently throwing almost every day, long toss 3x a week and have signed up to pitch for at least 5-6 exhibition games between now and the start of the tournament. It is in Centralia Washington. I will get video up as soon as possible!

No lifting program?

Height, weight?

If you’re ever in the Seattle-Tacoma area, come check us out.

We work with a lot of BCPBL people from the Blaze, Twins, Reds, etc. I know Graham Lehman and Brooks McNiven really well, along with Wes Taylor (I worked with his son who is attending UBC on a scholarship).

I am currently on a small lifting program using dumbbells and body weight exercises. 5-10 170 pounds.

You say you want scouts to notice you, but according to your signature you only throw 68mph. Hate to break it too you but scouts will probably use your innings to take bathroom breaks, meal breaks, etc. 3 weeks isn’t enough time to increase velocity a lot unless your mechanics suuuuck. Sorry to be that guy but baseball is a sport of honest men and that’s the way scouts are (trust me I’ve dealt with them myself. If your not worth their time, they aren’t wasting it on you.

Quite true. I have a client pitching in the PG WWBA 16U National Championship now and he’s 6’3" 205 lbs touching 88 sitting 86 and he isn’t getting any looks despite his 6 scoreless innings and 4 broken bats.

88 MPH might be a big deal for a 16U kid in Canada, but just look at PG’s twitter feed. There is no end of 16U kids rolling in 90’s. Even some 15U kids playing up are doing that.

Well said Kyle

Of course after I say that, he threw up another set of 0’s and hit 89, so he got talked to by some schools. But still, 88 is not ridiculous for that age range at such a high profile tournament. It’s merely very good.

Are these college scouts or professional scouts?

Both pro and college scouts flood the PG National events. But in this kid’s specific case, it’s colleges talking to him now. He’s a little young to attract pro attention, and his stuff isn’t good enough for that yet. I imagine next year he’ll be a HS Junior putting up 92+ and that’ll be enough to get some pro looks.