I am a professional knuckleball pitcher

I everyone. My name is Chris Nowlin and I have been playing professional baseball for the last 4 years, and have pitched overseas in Australian Winterball.

I am a knuckleball pitcher, much like Tim Wakefield.

Charlie Hough taught me. I’ve worked with Tom Candiotti and RA Dickey.

Here’s video of me throwing:

http://www.vimeo.com/26272098

I love it, I throw a knuckle curve but that’s about it.

Welcome!

Welcome…I’ll wtach that video too…and I am very intrested on how to throw it too if thats what your asking in your poll

Buwhite, there’s nothing wrong with throwing a knuckle-curve. Believe me, that can be a most devastating pitch. I remember how I picked up mine (and I think Mike Mussina got his the same way); as a kid I wanted to try a knuckleball but I got nowhere fast with it because I threw my curve with a sharp karate-chop wrist snap, so I experimented with a few different grips, and voila, I had a knuckle-curve! As you know, I was one of those infuriating sidearmers and I used the crossfire extensively, and that knuckle-curve became my #2 pitch: #1 was a slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” because that was exactly what it was! (And I built my whole repertoire around those two pitches; it compensated very nicely for the lack of a fastball.) 8) :baseballpitcher:

Welcome to LTP!
Very glad to have you!

Especially nice to have another knuckleball pitcher join LTP.
I throw the knuckleball- but it still needs lots of work, any hints?

welcome!