HS frosh lefty needs help

Can any coaches out there offer suggestions on the delivery and mechanics of my HS freshman left-hander?

Well to me it looks like when hes planting his right foot, it’s not straight. Also that he does not look like hes getting a good push off with his back leg.

knee up, KNEE DOWN then glide. You dont have KNEE -FOOT DOWN before you glide. You are throwing , not pitching.

Two things I see

1. When he lifts his right leg up he sort of swists it backwars towards second.

2. I cant really tell what it is but it seems like your arm might be a little late with the rest of your body. Or something else is weird once you are throwing the ball. Actually I think this could be what Zambo was talking about.

Looks to me like the stride foot plants prematurely. I’m gonna say it’s a lack of glove side stability pulling the shoulders open early leading to early foot plant. It also appears to be limiting hip and shoulder separation.

Might also consider putting a bend in the knees to create a more athletic position that will help stabilize posture through the stride.

[b]i’m only 16 but i throw mid high 80’s but one thing that he is doing is that after his breaking point and going into his balance point his glov hand is lose. tuck that in and he could gain 2-4 mph just from that.

age 16
2 seam fastball-84-87
slurve-79-83
slpit change-73-76
sinker-80-84[/b]

also he could also take a bigger step off the mound, short step slows down alot of the motion.

age 16
weight-185
height- 6 "3"
2 seam fastball-84-87
slurve-79-83
slpit change-73-76
sinker-80-84

i disagree. you want to minimize your movements as much as possible. you want to have the simplest and most efficient motion possible. taking a larger step does nothing but move your head offline and causes you to lose your focus.

age 16
weight-185
height- 6 "3"
2 seam fastball-84-87
slurve-79-83
slpit change-73-76
sinker-80-84[/quote]