How to use external rotation in pitching?

How do you initiate external rotation in pitching? If there are any drills to get the feel for proper arm action it would be appreciated. The reason I asked this is because I recently stumbled upon SETPRO and all it’s information but nothing I am finding shows me how to properly do any of the mechanics. Since everything starts with arm action I am trying to see if I am pushing the ball and if so, how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since SETPRO is no longer in use i have found it very hard to get any help from someone with that type of background. I found it about a year ago, and found its really up to you to interpret the info presented there. Research arm action with the search feature if thats what you are working on, and begin reading. Get a video camera, radar gun if possible, and go to work. There is no easy way out.

What questions are you specifically asking? I’ve read all of Nyman’s free material and some of the paid material. I might be able to help you.

Beaver26,
I know to take in as much info as possible and realize that there are few absolutes in pitching so I must consider everything, and also I know it’s going to be a hard road ahead, but I want to work for it.
Kyleb,
I am specifically working on how not to “push” the ball and have a more whip like arm action. I have tried some things in the past few days and they seem to be working and it feels like the ball is really shooting out of my hand. Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

That’s a complex question with no easy answer. :slight_smile:

I’d start by reading all of the posts in the Best Of forum on SETPRO:

http://setpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?36-The-quot-Best-quot-Posts-From-All-Of-SETPRO-s-Forums

If you want to understand what Paul had to say about arm action, this is the least you can do.

You can find some videos on the site of LL doing some of the backchaining drills, which may or may not help you.

Kyleb,
I have read all of the arm action chapters before and they do a great job of illustrating what an efficient arm action looks like. I have also checked out LL log and saw the bc drills, these too have helped, but I think it’s just going to take a couple thousand reps to get it correct. If you have time try and take a look at my mechanics prior to making any changes. A decent look over by anyone would be a huge help. http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16183[/url]