How to quickly gain 2 mph on your fastball

http://www.stevenellis.com/steven_ellis_the_complete/2007/07/how-to-quickly-.html

I was thinking of trying this (with added exercises of course), but I don’t know how often your supposed do all the 6 exercises in this workout. Does anyone know if its 7 days a week or 5 days a week etc…?

how bought you buy TUFF CUFF and get really strong and work on mechanics instead of trying to boost your MPH some magic way.

Also try thinking you throw harder and think you can blow kids away. Then go into a game and try to do it.

Does anyone have anything better to say than “Go buy $65 Tuff Cuff”? :roll:
And just letting you know…I DO lift weights, I do speed & agility, I do Hill Workouts, I do work on mechanics, and I do throw every day. I just wanna know if anyone knows how often a week I’m supposed to this “magic” workout.

I bet your workout isn’t 1/10 as good as tuff cuff. And lifting means crap to me because baseball is a power sport not a strength sport.

Don’t mind RIStar. :?

Looking at the exercises, 2 times a week would be a reasonable number. When you are dealing with plyometric style med ball work you do not want to do it too often. (You could get away with doing the band exercises more often though).

PLEASE DON’t even go there KC half of the things you recomend on the site pros that PITCH don’t even do. Like Steven Ellis for an example.

you do realize that mr. ellis posted that link right? and it includes the tubing you are so fond of. and i’m pretty sure med ball exercises are recommended in tuffcuff

im not talkign about this link. Im talking about all around what Kc rights in this forum.

RIstar, what do you want 6 pack to do, just pull $60 out of his a**?

If he is REALLY wants to become the best pitcher he can. Sure Why not?

Yeah, watch out for all the things I “right” in this forum. Honestly, I am getting sick of these posts from you. If you want to try and prove me wrong, then prove me wrong. Dont sit there and try to associate yourself with Steven just because you bought his book. Before you bought TUFFCUFF you were actually talking smack on it, saying that you dont need to do those types of exercises and that everyone should be doing yoga, blah blah blah. My views on strength are influenced by my own experience and the experience of various pro strength coaches. I haven’t read TUFFCUFF, but somehow I doubt that Steven’s workout is much different from anything I advise people to do (heck, I have tons of respect for anyone who can squat 405 for 8 reps).

Sorry 6pack for including this in your thread, but I have been biting my tongue for quite a while and I am sick of it.

First off, chill!

Second off, I’d be curious to see how the Men’s Health workout actually worked. I suspect you probably could gain 2 MPH. Do it 2 times a week min., but I wouldn’t recommend more than 3 times a week.

And yes, TUFFCUFF contains these and/or variations of these workouts. But no, you don’t have to go buy it … we’ll still be friends :slight_smile: Look, I posted the link on my blog to that Men’s Health workout for this very reason – it’s free and encourages some people to think about their workout differently than they may have before.

BTW: I’m making T-shirts with the slogan “Just Go Buy TUFFCUFF!” Any one want one? (j/k) :wink:

I still love ya, kc!

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]
BTW: I’m making T-shirts with the slogan “Just Go Buy TUFFCUFF!” Any one want one? (j/k) :wink:[/quote]

A little humor should calm this stuff down.

Don’t make me have to re-visit peacequotes.com

I’m exited tomorrow I get to start up TuffCuff again because I have nothing going on this week except going to Pittsburg Wed. and Thursday but nothing athletic. I just got done with 4 basketball games in 2 days and now I have 2 weeks before soccer pre-season (a.k.a. hell week) begins and I will have to stop for 2 or 3 weeks until the regular season begins and I can get a workout in 3 times a week when we stop hard practices.

Thanks KC and Steve.

Unfortunately I dont have money up my a**, but if I did somehow I would definetly buy TuffCuff and work at it cause I love pitching and heard nothing but positive comments about Tuff Cuff. So I’m using what I got.

[quote=“6 pack”]Thanks KC and Steve.

Unfortunately I dont have money up my a**, but if I did somehow I would definetly buy TuffCuff and work at it cause I love pitching and heard nothing but positive comments about Tuff Cuff. So I’m using what I got.[/quote]

That’s fine.

RIstar you have to remember that baseball is your only sport and your favorite. Your a very dedicated pitcher but this doesn’t mean everyone has the dedication that you do or wants to spend their money just to be a better pitcher. Some people strive to be good at what they do so they come to this forum to get an idea of some stuff they can do to improve pitching. Some people have a lot of other activities that come in front of baseball but it doesn’t mean that if they do they have to dedicate everything to it.

is true you dont have to buy things to become a better pitcher, for example i live in the dominican republic is a very poor country and still u see good pitchers come out from this country because there dedicated to pitching and they dont buy nothing, they just do what there coaches tell them to do and do thing on themselves. im not saying that tuff cuff is bad i wish i could get the book but some ppl dont have the money.

[quote=“6 pack”]Thanks KC and Steve.

Unfortunately I dont have money up my a**, but if I did somehow I would definetly buy TuffCuff and work at it cause I love pitching and heard nothing but positive comments about Tuff Cuff. So I’m using what I got.[/quote]

I made a post the other day about training with homemade equipment, you might want to check that out for the time being. Failing that, you can get in great shape by using bodyweight style training. Check this site out for some pointers: http://www.bodyweighttraining.org/forum/
Where there is a will to train, there is a way to get it done.