How to get my arm strong

i want to get my arm strong ive been throwing everyday should i keep that up or are there other ways

Others may chime in, but I’ve found that there is more development and mph to be found refining the delivery than in lifting weights.

Doing both is of benefit–certainly, but if I had to choose one alone, I’d say work on your delivery. Therefore, how could anyone argue that throwing is not more important than working out?

Your arm only has to overcome a 5 ounce ball. Throwing the ball a lot and training to get your pitch count up to 100 only takes 7 to 8 weeks of focused effort. I would do this first. Arm strength is not as big of a factor as some people think it is. Arm muscles are in stretch, not flex when the ball is thrown, so arm strength, per se, is really not a factor in velocity. I throw a baseball a lot harder than the majority of people who have stronger arms than I do.

I’ve seen people lift weight the entire off season and return with a 2-3 mph improvement. I can usually get someone that same improvement in just a few sessions working on their mechanical flaws.

Coach Paul makes a great point.
If you are going to work on lifting it is important to work on the correct things. Doing more backside work, triceps, lats, upper back work in a 2 to 1 ratio to front side work is a good idea in my opinion. More pitching injuries happen at or after ball release than at any other time in the delivery. Properly building up the “braking” mechanism of the arm/shoulder/upper body is a good thing to do.
Also, working the forearms is undervalued in many ways. It may contribute to velocity in some ways, but, the forearm muscles (flexor pronator mass) stabilize the elbow during the throwing motion.
Doing core work is good too…not crunches but rotational exercises that use the core. Pallof presses and medicine ball throws are great.
Some good rules of thumb (to me) are working small muscles to large in terms of importance…it starts with having a healthy and stable rotator cuff. Working backside more than front side. Working both sides (left and right) evenly is needed.
If I had only a few exercises to give pitchers to do (outside of throwing) they would be…

1. rotator cuff work–J bands/throwers 10
  2. deadlift
  3. rotational core work–including medicine ball
  4. general upper body lifting
  5. lateral jumping work

I really like these and use them all year.

thanks for the advice i will keep working on those things

I know I’m late to the convo, but over the summer going into my senior year, I threw long toss 2-3 times a week. I found I had the most velocity increase that year and my arm was much more durable.
Don’t know if that’s just from my body maturing or from longtossing though haha