How to get looked at? For schools, leagues,ect

I am kinda new at this stuff. I have pitched for about 3 years, however, I have only played half of my junior year and plan on playing my senior year for high school for the 2007 season.

My question is how can you get schools to start looking at you, I have been looking all over the internet, looking at places near my area (denver area) and can’t seem to find anything. I would like to see what my opions are for this, because I am really looking into playing serious baseball.

If anyone has answers to my question or would like to add something please fill free to. Thanks!

Chad

[quote=“Chad”]I am kinda new at this stuff. I have pitched for about 3 years, however, I have only played half of my junior year and plan on playing my senior year for high school for the 2007 season.

My question is how can you get schools to start looking at you, I have been looking all over the internet, looking at places near my area (denver area) and can’t seem to find anything. I would like to see what my opions are for this, because I am really looking into playing serious baseball.

If anyone has answers to my question or would like to add something please fill free to. Thanks!

Chad[/quote]first off, don’t be afraid to call a coach or walk into their office and say,“i wan’t to play baseball for your team or i’m very interested in your baseball program.” i can guarantee you that they will like that, that is, if you want to go there, just be yourself, don’t be anything your not and play your game, and work hard, i’m sure you could play college ball if you work hard enough and never give up…but like i said right away, email, call whatever, they will like to hear you say your intested in playing ball for their college, they want players that want to go there, if you dont want to, they might not be as interested…good luck man!

You might want to ask your highschool coach to see if he knows anyone you can get to watch you. Usually a couple scouts from the colleges around an a few major colleges come and scout our juniors and seniors towards the end of our season.

Some of the smaller colleges include: Bluefield, New River Community College and Fairmont.

Some of the major colleges include: Marshall, Concord, and WVU “West Virginia University”.

One of our senior pitchers got a scholarship to Bluefield last year and ofcourse I was a sophmore, he wasn’t even as good as I was and got a scholarship to a minor college for $10,000. So I figure if I keep pitching well and catch some attention from the scouts this year, “my junior year” by my senior year I may have a shot at WVU or Marshall University. Which would be nice. I would rather play for a larger college that I could procede from but anythin will be nice. I have a above average k-ball and I plan to take it college.

What I will probably do is some of the scouts that come to our games to check players out, I will go up to a couple of the colleges I am interested in and let them know that I am wanting to play for their college and I am willing to make any changes and do whatever it takes to become a better pitcher. Other than that I plan on asking our new highschool coach this year if he knows anyone I or he could contact to get my foot in the door. If I play well for my highschool team I could mabey get my coach to put in a good word for me.

Hope this helps, these are probably what I will do to further my baseball. Mabey you can take a few tips from what I plan on doing in the future. I hope you find what you are looking for and goodluck. Keenan/WhiteSox101 :wink:

Thanks for all the help! I have talked to my JV coach last year and plan to sit down and chat with my varsity coach this year and see what I can do to get looked at.
I hope to do good, I have fairly good stuff; mid 80’s fastball, good curve, a desent changeup and along with a couple extra that I throw in the mix once in awhile.
I have been conditioning pretty much all of fall and now parts of the winter and hope to be in top shape by early spring. Hopefully these tasks can help me get into a good program for baseball.
Again, thanks both of you for helping out an outsider to look in. Hope things work well, I plan on meeting with my coach this next week.

What ever you do, don’t tell anyone you have a hanging curve! :shock: Hanging curves are not good. (I’m assuming you didn’t really mean that. :roll: )

OOPS! Yeah, I didn’t mean that, thanks for catching that! :slight_smile:

Lol they aren’t bad all the time. I know a few pitchers at my level “highschool” that make good use of a hanging curve. They kept it low. An when it wasn’t low it was inside. As long as you don’t leave it over the plate. But yeah, you don’t want to tell anyone, coaches hate hanging curves. :cry: