How to get a laser rocket arm?

alright so everyone knows about my condition this is for when I heal

so right now all I know is

rest so my tendonitis is gone and I regain some strength

start throwing more

long toss

what else?

im trying to increase my long toss distances and get my throws on a line, does anyone have a program to long toss to that will get results fast? thanks.

you must get a stretching program to regain any losses in range of motion in your shoulder (usually you will have some losses in internal rotation). do not do external rotation stretches, throwing the ball does that.

then you must get on a shoulder and arm strengthening program including jobe lifts.

if you do not do this for the rest of your career you will experience tendonitis regularly. some guys are just prone to getting it (like my son).

[quote=“dusty delso”]you must get a stretching program to regain any losses in range of motion in your shoulder (usually you will have some losses in internal rotation). do not do external rotation stretches, throwing the ball does that.

then you must get on a shoulder and arm strengthening program including jobe lifts.

if you do not do this for the rest of your career you will experience tendonitis regularly. some guys are just prone to getting it (like my son).[/quote]

thank you very much dusty, can you give me a workout and stretching routine? or could I just google it? what would I google though? shoudler stretches?

[quote=“RHP…”]There’s no shortcut to a stronger arm.

Put in quality, hard work and you will see improvement.

I think the one thing people don’t realize is that there are limits to what your specific body can do. Maybe you were meant to throw hard, maybe not?[/quote]

I was able to throw 65 last year pitching, and I could throw 120’ on a line easy, this year I could do 160’ on a line during the offseason and was hitting 70-73.

lol on the laser rocket arm lol… I’m not an expert but I increased my velocity a lot just by throwing often. Not saying to overdo it and throw ridiculously hard every single day, but everytime you throw, throw with a purpose. Pay attention to what youre doing every throw. Take the things you hear people say on here and try them and see how they feel. You may try something and the ball will feel like its flying out of your hand. Try to repeat what u just did and keep that in mind everytime you throw and add on to that. At the same time you may try some of the things you hear on here and feel like they do nothing, when that happened to me I stopped trying to do them. Its funny though how sometimes the littlest things can change your velocity a lot in bulk. If each little thing gives you 2 mph on your fastball, and you find 5 little things, thats 10 mph. What helped me a lot was learning how to use my legs and my body to add to what my arm was already giving me. Once again I’m no expert this is just whats helped me. Its actually still helping me I find my velocity still increasing. Oh and praying helps. Good luck.

thanks velocity addict everyone got mad on another forum about the name, it was meant to be a joke cuz some kids on my team so dang dude you have a laser rocket arm, haha. not to me but to another kid on the team who can throw 300’ on a line.

Quoted for truth.

lol why would someone get mad at that? thats funny. I think I know where they got it from though:

lol

lol why would someone get mad at that? thats funny. I think I know where they got it from though:

lol[/quote]

lmao I love that commercial.

hey dusty… i had tendonitis last year… and i rested it… and stretch it a good amount and after i throw i ice it and take an advil or 2, and now that the season is coming around. how can i make sure that the itis is gone… whats an example of a shoulder and arm strengthening prgram. what i do is like ty&i’s… stuff like that… and stretches… hows that?

do a name search on this site that will list all my old posts. i did a detailed explaination of a stretching and arm strengthening program. omit the external rotation stretch but i would do the rest of the stretching and workout.

build strength in ur legs and throw a lot more than usual