How to gain velocity

Im 13 years old and i only throw 60 mph… I’ve gone to a lot of clinics and camps for pitching and they have told me i have great mechanics…
I also throw just about every day and i do long toss all the time… I run a lot in different sports too… And those are the 3 things i have heard of for increasing veloicty… I still pitch very well for my middle school by using my change up but i feel i need to increase…

i think you exspecting a lil much from yourself

60 is quite fast for 13

i know 15 year olds thorwing that

i think your doing fine try hitting diffrent spots and getting your locations down pat cuz you have a great arm

and keep up the exercise

also alot of pitching comes from the hips and legs so try doing some body squats and strech your hip flexors before pithicng

otherwise just keep it up

60 is pretty good for 13. I throw low 70’s and I’m 16 and have at least average velocity. Velocity will come as you grow and develop, just work on command of it and command of your change up.

[quote=“Bostonsportlova”]Im 13 years old and i only throw 60 mph… I’ve gone to a lot of clinics and camps for pitching and they have told me i have great mechanics…
I also throw just about every day and i do long toss all the time… I run a lot in different sports too… And those are the 3 things i have heard of for increasing veloicty… I still pitch very well for my middle school by using my change up but i feel i need to increase…[/quote]1. That’s great that you have good mechanics, fine tune them up! 2. Throwing every day can be bad. You don’t want to overdo it. Long-toss every day is fine, but throwing hard every day can wear the arm down. 3. Depends on what kind of running your doing, you need to be doing more sprints than endurance. 4. Keep throwing the changeup!!! It’s a great pitch and make sure you don’t start a curveball til your about 15-16 yrs old.

thanks for the help

I say im 13 and I throw maybe low 50s sometimes not even that. So 60 MPH is great at that age