How to condition yourself to be an effective pitcher

im over weight and i feel like i get tired up in the mound to quick.
what should i do
???

You should educate yourself on nutrition/dieting/training… And possibly train harder, or train period if you are currently not doing any conditioning to begin with.

Or better yet, train smarter… Any who, how do you expect any of us on here to provide input without knowing your body type (stats)? Height, weight…

Body Fat percentage (estimate)… Just describe yourself. How you eat, your lifestyle, etc.

Obviously if you eat fast foods on a daily basis, then yeah, you need to change your habits. And maybe drink more water between meals if you are dehydrated. Anyways, man, if you are not willing to stay dedicated towards achieving your goals, then don’t bother… Educate yourself… Some people are more prone to put on fat by eating carbs, thus you should limit the amount of carbs you consume on a daily basis… Or they eat the wrong carbs… High glycemic, refined, processed carbs… (think breads, enriched this and that… high fructose corn syrup, low in fiber, nutrients)…

sprint. u gotta sprint after you throw to get all the bad blood out. the more u sprint the more your ball is gonna be live.

Get a sledgehammer. Get a giant tire. Hit the tire with the sledgehammer.

It works anaerobic conditioning (short bursts) as well as shoulder/ forearm strength. Plus it’s fun and it will make the neighbors slightly scared of you.

do what kc said. he knows everything about pitching workouts.

[quote]Get a sledgehammer. Get a giant tire. Hit the tire with the sledgehammer.

It works anaerobic conditioning (short bursts) as well as shoulder/ forearm strength. Plus it’s fun and it will make the neighbors slightly scared of you.[/quote]

HAHA I love it!

haha thats what im talkin about. Where can i get a free tire? lol

Try the your local tire dealer. I’m sure he’ll give you one that he just took off.

:wink:

Are we talking about, over the head, like the strength test at fairs, or swinging a baseball bat at the ground? Just wanna make sure

I would say over the head.

what about where ever your armslot is

Just think about that for another minute…Why would you want to swing a sledgehammer from your arm slot? Do you realize how much pressure that would put on your shoulder? That would tear your shoulder apart.

The exercise is meant for general physical preparedness (GPP) as well as to strengthen certain areas like the shoulder, forearms, wrists, and hands. It’s not sport specific, although it does prepare you for the short bursts you’d encounter in a game. You can swing sideways (sorta like swinging a bat) but it still doesn’t mimic the pitching motion.

Check these articles for more info (and videos)