How things should shape up

Well due to my busy schedule working and going to school, I have decided not to start my training. This is what my schedule should look like from now until the end of September.

April- Work and School

May- Work and School

June- School ends on June 4th, and work. I should have enough money by the end of this month to buy a car.

July- Going up to Massachusetts from July 1st till around July 22nd. While up there, I am going to start my throwing by playing long toss and working on my mechanics off the mound and on flat ground. When I get back from Massachusetts, I plan on resting for the last 10-11 days of the month.

August- This is the month in which I plan to start my training. I am going to be start my weight training program, running sprints, and getting the core in shape. Also, keeping my arm is shape by playing long toss, doing the tubing exercises, and getting the rotator cuff strong. Gonna also be throwing off the mound when I have the chance to. School should be back in session near the end of August. And I’ll be working too.

September- Weight Training, sprints, long toss, bullpens, working, and school.

October- The School’s baseball conditioning program starts. Working and going to school also.

So my question is this. Should I just stay away from training until I start throwing in July?

I would suggest some GPP (General Physical Preparation) if you have time.

Sprints and bodyweight stuff.

This will allow you to get full out into your training faster.
If your body is primed to work hard you won’t get nearly as sore the first couple weeks. If you just jump into a program without as much preparation you will probably get immensly sore.

You can still train while going to school and working. Even if you only have 15 minutes a day to work out, you can get some meaningful stuff done, and like CF said, you’ll be better prepared to go harder and heavier when you have more time.

You could do a simple circuit that needs absolutely no equipment and minimal space.
25 pushups
25 bodyweight squats
15 burpees
30 seconds plank
Repeat 4-5 times
You can use lots of different exercises, like plyometric pushups or jumping squats, to add a little explosive element to the circuit.

ok sounds great, thank you, and stretching too right?

Simple warmup beforehand, like 30 jumping jacks followed by some arm circles. Stretch afterward.

Everyone before pretty much has it down. When i find myself really busy i just do some bodyweight stuff such as lunges, squats, pushups, etc. You can even grab a chef boyardee can to do some of your arm stuff with if you are REALLY pinched for time, believe it or not I have seen it done.

[quote=“kc86”]You can still train while going to school and working. Even if you only have 15 minutes a day to work out, you can get some meaningful stuff done, and like CF said, you’ll be better prepared to go harder and heavier when you have more time.

You could do a simple circuit that needs absolutely no equipment and minimal space.
25 pushups
25 bodyweight squats
15 burpees
30 seconds plank
Repeat 4-5 times
You can use lots of different exercises, like plyometric pushups or jumping squats, to add a little explosive element to the circuit.[/quote]

What are 30 seconds plank? I’ve never heard of them.

Lift your body of the ground and balance on one forearm and the side of your foot. Contract your abdominals and relax your shoulders.