How often should I long toss

would long tossing everyday be beneficial? I’m thinking of long tossing 4-5 days a week 1-2 bullpens and the rest of the days not throwing in the week. I play a double header a week btw and a tournament here and there.

jeter2,

“would long tossing everyday be beneficial?”

Yes and no, it is known that ballistic (full range maximal effort) baseball (5oz.) training is beneficial for increasing speed and fitness, this is good.

The problem arises with refined specificity where; why would you practice high parabolic arc maximal throws (not ever performed in competitions and reprimandable) when the same thing can be accomplished on the pitchers plate to a game reference targeting? This is the correct motor skill way to do it!

“I’m thinking of long tossing 4-5 days a week 1-2 bullpens”

I have my clients (PO’s) light pen daily while they are competing. This includes maintenance reps daily of their wrist weights and heavy (lbs.) weighted balls.

When their championship spring season and summer is over they immediately take a 2 month break but resume light wrist weights until the vigorous 5 month program starts in Sept. where they go into training regression to the point they can’t compete in the fall and winter.

“the rest of the days not throwing in the week. I play a double header a week btw and a tournament here and there.”

You are old enough now to start training, effort depending on your biological age .
Playing in random useless games in fall and winter will leave you less fit to compete when it counts.

I’m not a pitcher only though do the same stuff apply?