How much velocity in one summer?

Right now I’m going to be a junior and I want to try out for my baseball team as a pitcher. I top off at 60 mph and bring about 55 consistently. How much velocity, if I worked hard, do you think I could gain in 3 months. And then another 6 months until baseball season how much miles do you think I could add if I didn’t work as hard because of school?
I know this is kind of a confusing question but basically, how much miles do you think I could add if I worked hard in the summer and then about 50% during the six months I have then until baseball tryouts?
Thanks a lot!

I gained nearly 10 MPH during the summer before my Sophomore season. I also gained 30lbs during this time. Other than that, I usually gain 2-3 mph in the course of a year…and this is with hard work.

It is hard to say what kind of velo increase you will see…depends on a lot of factors. Weight gain can help, but it is really hard to predict it.

ahhh that sux because I don’t know why but I’m really bad at gaining weight. I just can’t do it.
Can I gain velocity by putting on muscle and then stretching?

[quote=“aznkid94030”]ahhh that sux because I don’t know why but I’m really bad at gaining weight. I just can’t do it.
Can I gain velocity by putting on muscle and then stretching?[/quote]

Yes that might help. But a lot of it depends on your mechanics. If you have lousy mechanics, all the muscles in the world won’t help you. However, if you can improve your mechanics and become more efficient with your body, THAT is where you will find the biggest velocity gains.

Wait I can post a video here of me pitching and the users can tell me what I’m doing wrong right?

[quote=“aznkid94030”]Wait I can post a video here of me pitching and the users can tell me what I’m doing wrong right?[/quote]Yup!!

Great!
Thanks a lot for your help and I’ll post my video later today