How much muscle can you really gain?

If you stayed on a workout program for a year how much muscle do you think is able to be gained?

Too vague. Training status, bodyweight, nutrient partitioning (genetics), expected diet, training methodology all play into this.

For general answers you can Google Lyle McDonald’s site and read about it. It’s a lot of reading but you’ll get some basic concepts down there.

I think if you’re here you’re interested in pitching… pitchers want to be stronger with great flexibility. You should focus on strength gains not increasing muscle mass.

Oldman

[quote=“oldman”]I think if you’re here you’re interested in pitching… pitchers want to be stronger with great flexibility. You should focus on strength gains not increasing muscle mass.

Oldman[/quote]

I’d love to hear how you can specifically train for lean muscles vs big bulk muscles.

Low reps, high intensity power lifting workouts with plenty of rest between sets. Body builders and certain athletes focus on muscle mass.

I can google you some sample workouts if you’re interested.

[quote=“oldman”]Low reps, high intensity power lifting workouts with plenty of rest between sets. Body builders and certain athletes focus on muscle mass.

I can google you some sample workouts if you’re interested.[/quote]

Quite true. Muscle mass comes with lifting heavy things, of course, but it should not be the primary focus, as oldman pointed out. Strength should.