How mad would this make you?

I deleted this post…the following comments are right on and I apologize to Steven, JD, Coach Baker and everyone else…

Was never my intent to promote my products, it happened and I wouldn’t have even noticed had you guys not pointed it out!

Talk about an issue with perception! Guess it’s true what Nyman always says…

“We see what we want to see!”

Lesson learned and thanks to all of you guys for bringing me back down to earth!

Lantz

How upset would I be?
No more upset than a guy who opened the first ____(fill in the blank) restaurant in town only to have someone else open a place selling the same food down the street.
You cant copyright the idea of a hamburger, man.
Its called capitalism.

[quote=“fearsomefour”]How upset would I be?
No more upset than a guy who opened the first ____(fill in the blank) restaurant in town only to have someone else open a place selling the same food down the street.
You cant copyright the idea of a hamburger, man.
Its called capitalism.[/quote]

I see your point, but you can’t steal copyrighted material and pass it off as your idea…so if the hamburger was copyrighted, (not possible) then _______ wouldn’t be open long.

Fair enough.
Like I said I would not be pleased.
However, this happens all the time. Someone stealing directly copyrighted material is pretty rare as most are more clever than that. Someone reading up, studying someone elses’ material and research and repackaging it in a slightly different way, sadly, that is common place.
Someone slighly modifying and selling a product, happens all the time.
It is a thin line between citing and plagarizing I guess.

For years, coaches taught using only “cues” such as stay back and “drive with your legs”, but obviously it didn’t work.

In the amateur ranks, time and the population of players will always have this in the mix. Unless you’re ready to change the entire private coaching industry upside down, it’s just the way it is.

Now more directly to your posting here and elsewhere on this site.

Using "I checked my e-mail and some other guy is copying me… etc., etc.) is a way…in my opinion… is to promote and sell your product(s) using this web site as a springboard.

I suggest you leave the commercial side of whatever it is that you’re doing - at home. Bring conversation and attention to the questions and answer part of this forum in it’s pure state. Stop selling stuff.

Reading this—with a broad smile—I was reminded of the 1970s when I was enjoying the original “Hawaii Five-O” series, and this story from composer Morton Stevens who wrote much of the music. One time he got a very angry letter from another composer, Bernard Herrmann, who accused him of just that—plagiarism—stealing his stuff. When Stevens was able to stop laughing, he wrote Bernie a very nice letter in which he said he was familiar with the episode of “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” in question. He complimented Mr. Herrmann—and then came the punch line: “But you know, you can’t copyright a mordent.” And as any musician or music student knows, a mordent—a trill with a curlicue—has been around since music was invented. :slight_smile:

I agree.

It’s ironic that you are upset with someone taking your direct advertisement and yet you use Steven’s site to spring board and pull folks over to your site…Steven’s stuff compete’s with your program, how fair is that?
We enjoy your input, discussions, opinions but it’s starting to stray from that.
And this isn’t an invitation to take your toys and leave…it’s a request to respect the platform.

Coach Baker and JD-

I totally understand and agree! At the time, I was upset and didn’t think of it this way!

Won’t happen again, respect you guys too much and ask for forgiveness, not much FEEL was it?

How many sentences do I need to write?

“I will not be a d****bag again.”

“I will not be a d****bag again.”

Sorry fellas, I mean that with 100% sincerity!

Lantz

JD-

Had this been a basketball forum, would it have been possible that my behavior could have been compared to Ron Bev*rs, (the Pride of the Trojans)?

Please tell me no, so I can continue to look myself in the mirror, lol!

Lantz

[quote=“Coach Baker”]For years, coaches taught using only “cues” such as stay back and “drive with your legs”, but obviously it didn’t work.

In the amateur ranks, time and the population of players will always have this in the mix. Unless you’re ready to change the entire private coaching industry upside down, it’s just the way it is.

Now more directly to your posting here and elsewhere on this site.

Using "I checked my e-mail and some other guy is copying me… etc., etc.) is a way…in my opinion… is to promote and sell your product(s) using this web site as a springboard.

I suggest you leave the commercial side of whatever it is that you’re doing - at home. Bring conversation and attention to the questions and answer part of this forum in it’s pure state. Stop selling stuff.[/quote]

Coach Baker,

I want to personally apologize!

Lantz