How hard do you think i'm throwing? (video)

i’ve never been clocked throwing sub style, because i’m pretty new to it. depending on when i release the ball to when it hits the pitching tarp, hard hard does it seem to go? serious answers please. no 140 mph answers lol. i was throwing at a distance of about 50 feet at the time. thanks

i will post video of a side view whenever it is i wake up. its almost 5 am so i gotta get to bed!

Hard to tell from the video but I’d say 45-55 MPH.

It didnt seem very hard, 60 at best
but sub marine pitching isnt about the velo. It’s location and movement.

[quote=“UFgators33”]i’ve never been clocked throwing sub style, because i’m pretty new to it. depending on when i release the ball to when it hits the pitching tarp, hard hard does it seem to go? serious answers please. no 140 mph answers lol. i was throwing at a distance of about 50 feet at the time. thanks

i will post video of a side view whenever it is i wake up. its almost 5 am so i gotta get to bed![/quote]

The most accurate figure you could probably get would be to go in the video and count how many frames it takes from when you see the ball leave your hand till it hits the target.

With some basic math you could definately get a decent answer +/- 8 mph or so. Most video cameras run at 29 or 30 frames per second for the math. Although some may run at 15 or 20 if they’re extremely cheap (most digital camera’s that have video functionality run at 15 or 20, camcorders mostly at 30).

It can’t be completely acccurate for various reasons including the fact that the pitch progressively looses velocity. And it’s possible to loose frames and such when looking at tape. But hey it’ll get you an estimate if that’s what you need.

Hope that helps you some. Counting frames should almost always be more accurate than eyeballing it atleast.