How far exactly should a stride be?

6’2" 15 year old. Some of my coaches think that i am over striding. I just want to know how far my stride should be

I was taught that it depends on the pitch, for my 4-Seam, 2-Seam, Cutter, and Changeup I stride about 4ft from the mound (this is an estimate, not exact). For a Curveball I stride about 6-8" shorter than that. But a fastball and change I usually stride about 4ft from the mound.

won’t that tip the pitch for the curve

batters dont have time to watch your stride they have to watch the hand and ball

[quote=“zforce39”]6’2" 15 year old. Some of my coaches think that i am over striding. I just want to know how far my stride should be[/quote]they say about 70 percent of your height, or something like that

Your stride should be as long as possible while maintaining posture and balance and still having good hip and shoulder rotation. A lot of this depends on your flexibility and functional strength.

The only time I’ve ever been concerned that a pitcher was over-striding was when their torso leaned back as a result.

That seems to really make alot of sense. thats is good advice roger

There is no hard and fast rule for stride length.

I wouldn’t mess with a guy’s stride unless it was casuing him problems.

How are you pitching?

I throw 76- 77 on my fastball and have decent control

depends how you feel when you throw. I just go to a comfortable length. This will vary among most pitchers, as far as being comfortable goes.

I did say that this is the way I was taught, but I really don’t even shorten my stride for any pitch, feels really uncomfortable, but good point, if you’re pitching well, don’t bother changing anything, just work on controlling your pitches.