How do you release a splitter?

I know how to grip a splitter, I was just wondering how to release a splitter. All information regarding how to throw a splitter would be greatly apperciated. Thanks.

just throw it like a fastball and let yur fingers pull down on it to create friction which will make the ball go downwards

remember that a splitter (unless you have a very good one) are hard to see from the pitcher point of view. a guy could tell you it dropped but you wouldnt see it. theres pitches like that, most people sinkers, change-ups, knuckleballs sometimes will wiggle and drop but the pitcher see it going straight. thats why those pitches arent funny to play catch with if its what youre intending it to be.

easy splitter (rich harden)

take the knuckleball grip and split your fingers while they r still bent
throw it and pluck you fingers as you would with the k-ball
it doesn’t require big hands and is easy on the arm

thanks

can u post of grip for that pitch u were talking about kevinp

You need to get really good extension on your release to throw the splitter well, thats how you mask it as a fastball and keep it down. You don’t know how many times when I was developing mine that I gave it a half assed finish and got a 65 mph meatball that sunk 6 inches right down the heart of the plate. Most of those were in the bullpen, but a couple were in game and thus is the reasoning behind my being banned from throwing changes/splits (one in the same for me) to right handers lol. Work at it alot and if your going to throw some in game, make sure they are against weaker teams at first. Its an absolute bitch of a pitch to keep down at first.

[/img]

[/img]

[quote=“kelvinp”]easy splitter (rich harden)

take the knuckleball grip and split your fingers while they r still bent
throw it and pluck you fingers as you would with the k-ball
it doesn’t require big hands and is easy on the arm[/quote]
How do you know it’s easy on the arm? Look at hardens history of injuries. Stop with these awful posts.

That looks a lot like a regular splitter to me

if you throw a splitter like a fastball it shouldn’t be hard on your arm
his slider is probaly the source of his shoulder problems idk

it is choked deeper than a regular split
it is almost like a fork
he releases it different

Prove that he releases it different. I’ve been told by several pitchers to not throw the splitter and that its hard on the forearm to grip it that deep like harden does. You’re pulling stuff out of your ass, he isn’t gripping it with his knuckles and it’s definetly not gripped with his knuckles, look at the one in the grey A’s uni.

he said it in an article on mlb.com

i read it the catcher said it was a forkball(kendall)
it is called the spluckler(wikipedia)

it reall isnt gripped deep it looks that way
he splits the knuckle grip and then brings his thumb up

duh hes not gripping it with his knuckles

he said it in an article on mlb.com

i read it the catcher said it was a forkball(kendall)
it is called the spluckler(wikipedia)

it reall isnt gripped deep it looks that way
he splits the knuckle grip and then brings his thumb up

duh hes not gripping it with his knuckles[/quote]

Don’t give me any smarty pants Duhs when you can’t even clearly explain what you are talking about. I think you have the maturity of a 12 year old, at best.

uhhhhh buuuuuh
i just explained it

go to yahoo
type in “rich harden splitter grip”

thats where i got my info

get off my back