How do you get taller?

im 5’10 and weigh 115lbs. Im 15 going to be 16 in two months. Like every pitcher i see in mlb is well over 6ft. How do you get taller? is it just in your genes?

Oh man…

dang, 115 pounds???

EAT! :slight_smile:

i probably get those same words 1000 times a month.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Yes, about 95% of it is genetic—how tall you’ll be depends on how tall your parents and grandparents are and were—and there are variations. For example, a person can have comparatively short parents, but there’s a 1-in-4 chance he’ll end up six-feet-two—and vice versa. Now, you’re 5’10" and about to turn sixteen—there is a good chance that you have not finished growing. You could hit another spurt at any time and pick up a couple of inches. So the best thing you can do is stay in shape, eat well, get plenty of rest—and wait.
And even if you have reached your maximum, consider this: there have been plenty of pitchers who never reached six feet and who made a great success of themselves. There are, for example, guys like Ed Lopat and Whitey Ford, 5’10". Bobby Shantz, one of the great pitchers in the American League, was 5’6" if he was an inch, and he didn’t let that stop him. Some of those guys were fireballers, and some were finesse pitchers. They all won more than their share of games. So I would say you’re in very good company, whatever the height you wind up with. :slight_smile:

or take a look at Cressey Performance’s Tim Collins, a mid 90s fireballer at 5’5" who is mowing down minor league hitters