How do I get my mind off the game for a while?

My season just ended, and now I dont know what to do. I want to rest for about a week or 2, then start training. But what are some things that I can do to get my mind off the game for a little?

I don’t know why you would ant to get your mind off the game. Any way don’t you have a summer league you can play with?

i want to get my mind off baseball for a bit so i can rest, and im not playing this summer because im going on vacation, but im going to be training while i on vacation

Find something else to do, like video games or something.[/url]

How can I get my mind off the game? HA HA … that’s my challenge every day at work.

watch baseball games and find new way to do stuffs. each and everyone of them are differents

A great question and a very normal circumstance. Of course our thoughts are placed in our mind by ourself{i think my shrink says that}, so we should eliminate them. When parents have asked why their sons seem to turn them off, one response could be stop talking baseball until he starts the conversation; this could take 2 weeks. You know ways to solve the problem. Avoid TV, books, talk shows, conversation, daydreams, games fields etc. Anyone who has been in the same boat as you understands that when we love something too much we need a respite. You will be better for your efforts

As a person, you should have more to your life than just baseball. Try to pick up a hobby or even participate in a different sport (the cross-training aspect will probably help your baseball).

This is actually a very important for young kids. Baseball is a game of failure. When baseball is the only thing in a kid’s life then when he fails, he feels like he has failed as a person. Not a good situation.

[quote=“Roger”]As a person, you should have more to your life than just baseball. Try to pick up a hobby or even participate in a different sport (the cross-training aspect will probably help your baseball).

This is actually a very important for young kids. Baseball is a game of failure. When baseball is the only thing in a kid’s life then when he fails, he feels like he has failed as a person. Not a good situation.[/quote]

Very true. And I think it’s especially difficult for pitchers, because they seem to identify themselves very strongly as “pitchers”, a very specific and critical position, as opposed to other fielders who typically get more AB’s and play different, less critical positions, and tend to identify themselves as “baseball players”. Not true in every case, but it seems pitchers are more prone to this than others in any position or any sport, with the obvious exception of football QB. lol