How do I contact a scout?

I am 35 years old and have been working on a knuckleball for 14 years, I finally feel Im consistant enough to try out for a major league team. How do I get in touch with someone to watch me throw…I am in the mid Michigan area, if anyone knows someone

Since nobody else commented…
I don’t think you are going to find a scout that is looking for a 35 year old knuckleballer. It’s more likely that you are going to have to find a minor -league/ independent league team that would let you come and try out.

Hopefully someone else can offer some more advice.

Kc I don’t think there is anything wrong with your advice. It’s honest.
Other than that contact the Tigers (All MLB teams have websites) and find out if they are having open tryouts anytime in your vicinity and if you are on the wrong side of the state contact the Brewers or Twins. I know the Reds have them periodically in the region they are in.

Kc I don’t think there is anything wrong with your advice. It’s honest.
Other than that contact the Tigers (All MLB teams have websites) and find out if they are having open tryouts anytime in your vicinity and if you are on the wrong side of the state contact the Brewers or Twins. I know the Reds have them periodically in the region they are in.

Steven posted an article on the subject of scouts a while back, here
http://www.thecompletepitcher.com/pitching_article-13.htm
is the link to it.
Just looking at that, though, I really don’t think a scout would offer you a deal after watching you throw. Most knuckleballers that make it to the bigs have had to prove that they can make hitters look foolish. To do that you would need to be in a league setting where you can show your stuff day in and day out. There are three minor league teams in Michigan: the Class A Lansing Lug Nuts, Class A Southwest Michigan Devil Rays, and the Class A West Michigan Whitecaps. That would probably be the best place to start.

Good luck

thanks to all of you