How can I gain more pitching velocity?

I am in 9th grade and am about 5’ 7’’ and 135 lbs. I can throw around 72 to 73 mph. I workout only twice a week since its in season. I do many hip exercises and use surgical tubing often. I am wondering how else can i gain more velocity? Also is 72 mph bad for my age and size?

to gain velocity, i would suggest steven’s longtoss program and article on gaining velocity on the regular site. im a sophmore [lhp]and i through just about the same speed as you did last year and over the past year, ive gained at least 6mph on my fastball because of it. i’d definately reccomend it. :smiley:

too many young kids worry about there velocity

you think your thorwing slow so your try to throw harder than your able to and bam injury

im 16 5`8 125
throw 70ish yet still no problem stiking people out and getting easy outs

if you can locate a pitch at a young age your good to go for a while thats all there is too it

i cant exaclty pinpoint pitchs but i can get it high low in out in the zone

accurecely should be your concern

Fleming Island???
Glad to have you on board…Sorry you had to sweep my son’s team this year (Varsity not JV)…Congrats!
You guys have a nice program…Cam Juno has attended a bunch of clinics at UNF with my son. I coached both RJ Casterline (He was also on our State Championship Babe Ruth team) and Cody Jett.
It is a small world.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Fleming Island???
Glad to have you on board…Sorry you had to sweep my son’s team this year (Varsity not JV)…Congrats!
You guys have a nice program…Cam Juno has attended a bunch of clinics at UNF with my son. I coached both RJ Casterline (He was also on our State Championship Babe Ruth team) and Cody Jett.
It is a small world.[/quote]

cool