How bout them BoSox!

going out and getting Eric Gagne to add to the best bullpen in the majors. the thing i dislike about the trade is that they gave up David Murphy who is one of their best minor league players and they also gave up Kason Gabbard who is undefeated in the majors this season. i was hoping they would move Gagne to the closer role and Papelbon to the rotation but it doesn’t sound like thats going to happen.

GO SOX!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I heard bout Gabbard but they gave up Murphy too? noooooooo! there goes a great prospect :frowning:

yes, they gave up Murphy :frowning: i was very p*ssed when i seen that.

I’m scared for my beloved Yankees now. Why? Why Gagne to the BoSox, why not to Seattle or KC? I am mad, even though Wilson Betemit did hit a 3 run shot in his first Yankee at bat.

Yep, quite a trade to the Bosox – they now have Eric Gagne, a really good pitcher. But even though they gave up 2 big prospects, but at least if the Bosox get to the playoffs, they’ll have yet another pitcher in there that’ll really make his presense felt.

But, I’m a yankee fan, so why am I thinking this way … straight up, go Yankees! (Bosox better watchout too, Yanks are gaining ground :wink: )

[quote=“NYalltheway”]Yep, quite a trade to the Bosox – they now have Eric Gagne, a really good pitcher. But even though they gave up 2 big prospects, but at least if the Bosox get to the playoffs, they’ll have yet another pitcher in there that’ll really make his presense felt.

But, I’m a yankee fan, so why am I thinking this way … straight up, go Yankees! (Bosox better watchout too, Yanks are gaining ground :wink: )[/quote]

Yankees might make wildcard but I don’t think they have a shot at Boston sigh. I think the Yankees showed that they have 2 great players, Shelly Duncan, and that new SS that hit a 3 run jack that they can trade for some good pitching I’m sure. They have quite a few players to trade around for some better pitching. They need to get rid of Clemens he’s no good.

i dunno it’s gonna be pretty hard to catch the Indians with the rate they’re going.

Yeah your right.

I don’t know i feel like we can definitely catch the indians…i can’t see us not making it…p.s. i say we cut giambi and just let shelley and philips play all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I don’t like Giambi. But yea pick one stick with him trade the other trade that back-up SS, Ciaro is a keeper he’s great anywhere. They just need pitching.

i’m right there with ya man…i was not a fan of proctor to be honest but i totally agree we had no reason to get ANOTHER infielder…i love cairo he can do anything…but yeah we really need more pitching…farnsworth and karstens(i’ll give him so slack as it’s his first time back from rehab) blew a very winnable game yesterday

Yeah…

i’m a diehard Red Sox fan, but i definately agree with you guys. it’s fine with me that the Yankee’s didnt get any more pitcher cause it helps out the BoSox, and i wasn’t a fan of Scott Proctor at all. he’d let up a hit, then plunk the next guy in the earflap. and me personally, i think hitting soemone on purpose is a sign of disrespect rather than retaliation(if thats even spelled right lol)

Yeah I don’t like Giambi. But yea pick one stick with him trade the other trade that back-up SS, Ciaro is a keeper he’s great anywhere. They just need pitching.[/quote]

They need to make a youth movement, I’ve been watching all the games on the YES network and Clippard, Wright, DeSalvo, Hughes and Rasner have all pitched well. Here is what their off-season should look like as far as starters.

1. Hold on to Wang by all means neccecary.
  2. Don’t bother bringing Clemens back.
  3. Call up Juba Chamberlain.
  4. Trade Moose, I like him but, he’s lost consistancy.
  5. Keep Hughes up in the MLB.
  6. Use Chamberlain, Hughes, Karstens, Wang and Pettitte.

For now they just need to keep winning and hopefully catch the Indians, sure the division would be nice but, I’m just worried about the playoffs.

Im a huge sox fan. on the trade

david murphy isnt that good of a prospect. I rank Buchholz Ellsbury Bowden Masterson and Moss. So giving up your 6th prospect and a spot starter Gabbard (who really doesnt fit in this team or in the future) and a 17 year old prospect that you really cant predict about for one of the best relief pitchers at a chance of the w.s. To be honest theres a 1% chance that he will come back next year. But you will get two high picks for him AND a very good bullpen for the next 2 months.

With a bullpen of Papelbon Gagne and Okajima (really 3 pitchers that can close) Delcarman Synder and Lopez young. Timlin and Taverez as the vets. And in case of an injury or not doing the job they can bring up Buchholz and Masterson to throw some heat. Thats a fantastic bullpen to go with one of the best starters in baseball. Pitching wins championships. Sox have pitching

yea that’s true. Murphy was one of my favorite prospects. but Ellsbury is without a doubt my favorite one. anyone that can steal 2 bases on 1 play deserves respect from everyone. i’m just a little worried about the offense. Big Papi is going into a hot streak and Manny is starting to fade away. and what is this bullsh*t that we’re playing Seattle and the Yankees are playing Kansas City. my step-brothers baseball team could beat Kansas City, and my step-brother is 5. and i looked up how many times us and the Yankees play Kansas City. Red Sox-6 Yankees-10. supposively that’s the “luck of the draw.” highly doubt it though.

that is a good fact right there. But once we get over this time peroid of playing good teams, we go back and fourth between baltimore toronto and tampa bay late august till the end of the year i believe. So that we can gain some MORE ground of the yankees.

yea thats true. but you should look at our last month of the season compared to the Yankees. REd Sox-1 series with Tampa and 2 with Baltimore.(it might be the other way around.) Yankees-1 with KC, 2 with Tampa, and 2 with Baltimore. oh and the REd Sox play Minnesota and Oakland to finish off the season.