Hooda wooda boooo

alright now that ive got ur attention

1. what is this eephus pitch?
    2)I throw a 4 sm,2 sm, anda circle change any pitches should i add im just doin bullpen because of previous elbow problems?and want to add an effective pitch that ultimately will notput stress on my elbow…
    3)Hi everyone again!!!

Hooda wooda booooo to you too!
Now, about the eephus pitch, also known as the blooper, the “Folly Floater”, the “LaLob” and a few other names—basically, it’s a slow, high-arcing curveball that has been known to reach a height of 20 feet or so before descending. It’s usually thrown straight overhand, and it’s either very easy or very difficult to time. This pitch came about when Rip Sewell sustained an injury which forced him to alter his pitching delivery, and he had great success with it—except one time when he threw it to Ted Williams, and Williams hit it out of the ballpark. Occasionally it’s been used—the pitcher who comes to mind most readily is Orlando (El Duque) Hernandez, who had great success with it when pitching for the Yankees. I remember seeing him use it quite a lot.
You say you’re looking for an extra pitch that won’t put any strain on your elbow or whatever. Might I suggest the palm ball? I used to throw it, and I used it as a changeup. What you do is grip the ball way back in the palm of your hand with the thumb on the bottom and the other four fingers on top of the ball—but don’t try to squeeze the juice out of the ball! You might even want to leave a little space between your hand and the ball. And you throw that pitch just like a fast ball. You can change speeds on it by loosening up the grip. It’s a nice pitch. 8)

eephus… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJrEgYtdWvk

[quote=“Travis-G”]alright now that ive got ur attention

1. what is this eephus pitch?
    2)I throw a 4 sm,2 sm, anda circle change any pitches should i add im just doin bullpen because of previous elbow problems?and want to add an effective pitch that ultimately will notput stress on my elbow…
    3)Hi everyone again!!![/quote]
  1. Eephus ain’t nothin’ lol. Zita basically got it.
  2. Knuckleball, but you’ve gotta’ really work at it, stiff wrist early release and an easy arm action.
  3. Hi to you too.