Holy Smokes

That kid was zoomin tonight…seeing this kid, he’s got some nice stuff, what a blessing to have the mlb channel for something like this.
Got some nice funk too… 8)
See how long this keeps up…he’s got “it”.
Very impressive. Having Pudge receiving it was neat too. Curtin call…14 k’s 7 innings…k on every one of his pitches…looks like a w (It’s the 8th right now Nats up 2).
Rarely does hype not live up to the reality…might have happened tonight… :shock:

14 k’s in 7 innings CRAZY

Very impressive. I mean, his stuff was very impressive but his composure was even more impressive. Well, I guess it’s easier to maintain composure when you’re spanking the opponent. But, seriously, the expectations on the kid were huge and he not only lived up to them but exceeded them IMHO.

He was impressive but what impressed me the most was his movement on the fastball!
It was just… almost more movement then a lefty-slider!!!

He looked so good… He’s going to be a lot of fun to watch!!

Amen Brother Ellis

Guys…your bibs are covered with drool… :smiley:

Remember…it was the Buccos :roll:

This appearance was planned to the hilt…the opponent, the umpire (a generous strike zone), the hype…I gotta give MLB credit. The year of the pitcher, the hitters off the juice…what do you need? A pitching phenom. There is one pitcher I’ve seen that has got similar stuff but he’s a late innings guy…Daniel Bard.

[quote=“Dino”]Guys…your bibs are covered with drool… :smiley:

Remember…it was the Buccos :roll:

This appearance was planned to the hilt…the opponent, the umpire (a generous strike zone), the hype…I gotta give MLB credit. The year of the pitcher, the hitters off the juice…what do you need? A pitching phenom. There is one pitcher I’ve seen that has got similar stuff but he’s a late innings guy…Daniel Bard.[/quote]

and maybe dwight goodden?

Vida Blue :shock:

… in 94 pitches… even better.

__

I want his curveball. haha

I want his curveball and his fastball

did anyone else notice a similarity between him and jiminez? both have fastballs with movement in the high 90s, though looking at strasburg he can get a lot of movement at 100 mph while jiminez seems to lose movement at 99 or 100. both have nasty 81-83 curveballs, and both have 87-91 mph changeups (which is ridiculous in its own right). granted jiminez has a slider that he’ll throw that strasburg doesnt have, but i think theres definitely a similarity between the two

Composure and competitiveness- after giving up the home run he retired the next 10 batters- 8 by strikeout, 7 consecutive K’s to end his part of the game. Even though it was the Pirates the last six K’s were the 1-6 hitters in the lineup.

I would be happy if I could JUST throw his curveball.

Not his fastball, just his curveball.

When MLB hitters can’t hit it, no one can.

[quote=“Defalco32”]I would be happy if I could JUST throw his curveball.

Not his fastball, just his curveball.

When MLB hitters can’t hit it, no one can.[/quote]

Then again…
I’d rather have his fastball!
100+ mph with that much movement… 3 of those are even good enough to screw the hitter. By the way… the movement on that fastball is almost as much as a slider sometimes. It’s just rediculous…