Hitting

our season has just started up, and I’ve been doing okay, I walk a lot now, but I only had one good hit, a nice solid single up the middle. I think I’m pulling my head, and my approach seems to be kind of off.

how do I stop pulling my head and how do I fix my approach?

When you soft toss, place a ball just in front of the plate and look at it after every swing. Helps keep your head down.

what about my approach? im feeling im swinging too hard, which is not helping me accomplish my goals.

1. Walk more than I strikeout

2. Hit over .300

3. Hit at least 5 home runs

Swinging hard doesn’t actually generate more bat speed (my opinion so no one should bash my head in) bat speed and power are generated by hips and hand seperation (much like a pitcher). Then the quicker you can create torque through your core and trunk the more power you generate. A hitter will sacrifice power for contact so some of your goals might be in opposition to each other but the goals have the same solution, more power generated from the trunk and hips.

A tip that does work on this is to use a tee and put your bat flat to your hips, hands grasping from the back, elbows back…then get close enough for the bat to touch a ball on the tee, then turning the hips and trunk, hit the ball off the tee…eventually bringing that action to a normal swing and focus on that action.

i know all about rotational hitting and my swing’s pretty good but im just not hitting man.

i mean how can i still draw all of the walks i am and start to hit the ropes i know i can? is it in my head?

What spot of the order are you hitting in?

5th 6th or 7th

don’t worry about swinging so hard. have a short, relaxed swing and just worry about hitting line drives…do that consistently and the homeruns will come!!

think that’s what im gonna start doing thank you guys

[quote=“specialK”]our season has just started up, and I’ve been doing okay, I walk a lot now, but I only had one good hit, a nice solid single up the middle. I think I’m pulling my head, and my approach seems to be kind of off.

how do I stop pulling my head and how do I fix my approach?[/quote]

we soft toss with different color balls i call the color he hits the ball

never tried that. will do though, thank you