Hitter's park or Pitcher's park

Is your home field (either playing or watching) a hitter’s ballpark or a pitcher’s ballpark?

The Legion park I played in was weird, the dimensions were symmetrical in the outfield for left and right but, to left field the ball always carried because there are hills encompassing the field the hills always tunneled the wind in from right and out to left so for a lefty hitter (like me) it was a pitcher’s park and for a righty it’s a hitters park.

Other nuances of this park that gave a big home field advantage was the sun in the evening made it so SS and 3B cannot see jack sh*t so if you know this then steals and slash plays work well.

When ole’ Rossco had the field built he wanted his team to be able to bunt for hits as well so he sacrificed the field’s ability to handle water and had the lines on a slight slope enough to keep any bunt that stayed on the dirt where the baseline would roll fair!

The college field I will be playing on is definitely a pitchers park, I’ve pitched there during legion ball before as a matter of fact. Deep, deep, deep fence and fierce winds (as usual in Wyoming) that come in most of the time.

In most major league parks there’s a wide variance, depending on wind conditions. If you look up at the flags you can see whether or not they are moving at all and in which direction; with the wind blowing in from the outfield the conditions will most likely favor the pitcher. With the wind blowing out—or from left to right field, right to left tield, or straight out—it’s most likely to favor the hitters, depending on which side of the plate they hit from. And, of course, the wind can change at any time, which will certainly complicate matters for pitchers and hitters alike.
When Tommy Henrich was playing outfield for the Yankees, he would go out to the ball park, whether Yankee Stadium, Comiskey Park or wherever they were playing, and he would have someone hit balls to him so he could practice fielding under all kinds of wind conditions, according to which way they would carom off the wall. Smart outfielder, that one. And if you remember that playoff game between the Yankees and the Red Sox in Fenway Park in 1978, it was the wind that actually decided the issue. The wind had been blowing out toward right field for much of the game, but at the start of the seventh inning Carl Yastrzemski happened to look up and he noticed that the wind had suddenly shifted and was blowing out to left field. Bad news, because it meant that any fly ball hit out that way would be caught up in the wind currents and carry over the Green Monster and out of the ball park. And as it happened, Yankee shortstop Bucky Bleeping Dent hit one that got caught in those wind currents and ended up in the netting above the Monster.
So pitchers, hitters and fielders alike have to be aware of which way the wind is blowing. A ball park can be a pitcher’s park one inning and a hitter’s park the next, and those flags will tell which is which. 8)