Hitters just look

The best pitch in baseball is a low pitch. Alot you people know that but don’t do that. When I pitched last 3 in 3-4 k’s and one run I threw everythign low at the knee’s and the other hitters just looked because it wasn’t a good hitters pitch up in zone. If you want to throw down in zone you need a nice firm grip and good follow through to keep the ball low.

Whne throwing a 4-seam fb i know the grip should be nice and firm and not loose BUT should the arm be loose?

Always arm loose.

thank you

Low pitches always are good. But you can’t throw every pitch low you gotta mix it up. High pitches middle pitches that inside and outside. You gotta mix up locations just like you mix up pitches. Some pitchers only throw a fastball and change-up but can locate all their pitches so it makes them even deadlier.

Correction, low is a good area to keep the ball, low and away is the best spot. If you can hit that low and away spot 7/10 times, and then come up with a fastball, your going to get a ton of strikeouts

low and away is the only place i can hit a baseball hard. i can’t hit up and in pitches and barely can hit down and in but i can hit anything on the outside part of the plate which is usually where people throw.

4Pie, a great analysis , you’re on the right track … now ask yourself, why and how can i use that info to exploit other hitters ??

low and away is the only place i can hit a baseball hard. i can’t hit up and in pitches and barely can hit down and in but i can hit anything on the outside part of the plate which is usually where people throw.[/quote]

Well you can consider yourself one of the few 4pie. Most guys don’t know what to do with that fastball away, and I’m not talking in the heart of the zone away, I’m talking on the corner borderline call away. This spot is actually where Leo Mazzone tells pitchers they need to be, and U’ll find guys like Maddux, Hudson, and Schilling who swear by it.

Well every batter is different, I know I love the low pitches, which seems to be a common thing with left handed batter (No I don’t pitch left handed) which I am and righties many times like the pitches up more.

beware throwing the lefty down and in. many a lefty has made a living dropping the head on the low and in fastball. if you can consistently throw the ball low and away, you have to lay for that pitch only to hit it consistently and that opens up the rest of the plate.

how do you pitch: down and away, up and in.
how do you pitch williams: down and away, up and in.
how do you pitch God: down and away, up and in. but He knows what’s coming.