Hit much

has anyone been hit by a ball comming back out you. if you could tell the story and where you were hit

My glove got hit by the ball.

It was a line drive right back at my head but thankfully the ball teleported to my glove because I’m a badass.

There were runners on first and second so I turned and threw the ball to second because the runner there was fat.

I was throwing BP to my friend behind a L screen, but he wasnt doing so good so I wasnt ducking or letting my follow through take me behind the screen. A groundball went right by me that I grabbed, and the shortstop told me to let those go. Then the batter told me to throw it right down the middle, which I did, and I got a linedrive smacked right back at my chest that I barely caught. I was on my butt all like “How the heck did that happen?”

This summer, I was smashed on the outside of my ankle. (The round part of the bone that faces outward.)

I also got hit in the kneecap last year while throwing live in a practice.

I’ve caught a few, but I don’t remember those as well as the ones that beat me :stuck_out_tongue:

Run a search on that topic on this site, and you’ll get one story from RTusk40 I do believe complete with Picures.

All I can remember is he said he got hit 2 times in one game, once on the side and once on his TJ’d elbow.

Actually here’s the link to his post

Hit By Comebacker
http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4587&highlight=#4587

I myslef took one right in the mouth when I was 14 didn’t have a chance to even put my glove up. The only reason I didn’t loose any teeth was because of my braces that I had at the time. That’s the ony time I was ever happy that I had braces.

It’s too bad the pics aren’t available anymore. They were pretty nasty looking, you could see and count every stitch.

I was playing catcher without throat guard ,pitch was thrown batter tipped it went back hit me in the throat then I had to go to the hospital

when i was about 12 I was pitching in a game and I threw one right down the middle that came back right at my chest so hard that I couldnt get the glove up in time. it hit my right in the sternum, and they stopped they game right then and after about 5 minutes on the ground i was ready to finish the game but they made me go to the hospital for tests. I came to find out that if it would have hit me an inch or two to the left it could have caused alot of damage including stopping my heart, luckily i just walked away with a bruise

when i was about 12 I was pitching in a game and I threw one right down the middle that came back right at my chest so hard that I couldnt get the glove up in time. it hit me right in the sternum, and they stopped the game right then and after about 5 minutes on the ground i was ready to finish the game but they made me go to the hospital for tests. I came to find out that if it would have hit me an inch or two to the left it could have caused alot of damage including stopping my heart, luckily i just walked away with a bruise

Yeah the chest and head are dangerous spots to get hit. Maybe they should make pitchers wear helmets if they won’t get rid of metal bats. That way, they can sell more useless junk.

So I saw the thread, but in my mindset I try and avoid these stories at all costs.
It’s something I never want to think about on the mound, otherwise I am giving the batter an advantage.

I do remember though, Rtusk (member of the forum) got hit by 2 +115mph balls in the same game. If the post still exists I believe he had pictures of the bruises too.

Wales linked to it. The pictures don’t work anymore though.

Oh haha, my bad, as you can tell I tried to avoid reading the posts.

yeah it took a little awhile for me to get over it but i try and not watch when pitchers get hit on tv either just so those thoughts dont creep back in

I broke my nose playing first base when a ball hit the lip and ended up lower than I expected. I still have trouble looking the ball into my glove on short hops…

For some reason, I’m not afraid of line drives though. I guess it’s because you don’t have much choice because it’s so fast. You catch it or you don’t.

In practice I got nailed on my right kneecap and I had two scary incidences where I caught the ball. One was hit back to me hard at my ankles and I jumped to get out of the way but I instinctively left the glove down and caught it. Another was right at my head, I almost did a backbend and caught it. I’m very flexible in case you haven’t noticed.