Hip rotating

Doesn’t it appear that Roger Clements hips open up towards the hitter faster than Joel Zumaya does?

http://www.pitchingclips.com/players/roger_clemens.htm

Notice how Clements leg plant is delayed a split second allowing his hips to turn fully around.

Now look at Zumaya’s

http://www.pitchingclips.com/players/joel_zumaya.htm

Doesn’t it appear that his hips move around a lot slower than Clements?

This is an opinion I guess what do you guys think?

Maby I’m wrong but I think Clements move faster I want others feedback.
[size=18]
Who’s hips are more rotated before the foot hits the ground?[/size]

Do you kno anything…Its CLEMENS not clements…wow

Who are you asking if they know anything?? What you just said didn’t make sence…

wow you’re dumber then I thought…congrats!

Who are you to come bother this peaceful forum and say stuff like that?

Wow a simple spelling error makes me an idiot doesn’t it :roll: :roll:

SmittyDaKid. Tone it down please. This really is a respectful board and a couple of spelling errors shouldn’t be a problem. For example, you wrote:

“Do you kno anything”

See any typos or spelling errors there? Really not important.

Clemens hips opens “sooner” not necessarily “faster”. Unless you can count the frames for me from the time each “starts” to open to the time they stop, then I can’t tell from just looking with the naked eye. I also don’t know the frame rate that each was recorded at nor played at. Do you?

It may be related to arm action as well. Clemens doesn’t have the “M”, while Zumaya does. Clemens has what is called “pass through high cock” arm action. It is also related to lower body action. Zumaya takes his leg straight down then straight towards home, and it seems that he lands hard on his heel. Clemens leg does more of a “sweep” towards home.

I don’t know if you noticed, but you worded your question differently at the end of your post.

[quote=“dm59”]

“Do you kno anything”

See any typos or spelling errors there? Really not important.[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing…

Yea I meant what I wrote at the bottom when the foot hits the ground who’s hips are more rotated.

[quote=“Bower”][quote=“dm59”]

“Do you kno anything”

See any typos or spelling errors there? Really not important.[/quote]

I was going to say the same thing…

Yea I meant what I wrote at the bottom when the foot hits the ground who’s hips are more rotated.[/quote]

Yeah cuz thats internet talk. You dont “mis-spell” a legendary pitcher’s name 4 times and say it was a simple mistake. Now have a good day.

Wow your something aren’t you…

SmittyDaKid, you obviously knew who Bower was talking about. so why does it matter that he spelled it wrong? and i agree with xv84, Clemens hips don’t necessarily open up faster, just sooner.

Holy jesus, there is so much more I have no clue about when it comes to pitching.
god help me.
I can’t even get a video for you guys from a mound

Check that out.
:lol:

97 98 MPH generated through that and his friggin horse legs.