Hill Sprints

Do any of you do them? I’ve been doing them for about 2 months now and I really like them, they nail your legs and also really help you work on your running form. I was just curious if anyone else did these.

i play at a big DI school and we regularly run these in the fall for conditioning…great workout

I know I really like them, What school do you play at?

I do stairs.

It was NAIA ball but the kid got drafted. Steve Junker. Running Routine

1 mile warmup pace of choice
Football stadium stairs, 100 yard field 35-40 deep 5 rows down and back 3 times.
Abs and/or cooldown.

It is not fun

[quote=“Hoysauce”]It was NAIA ball but the kid got drafted. Steve Junker. Running Routine

1 mile warmup pace of choice
Football stadium stairs, 100 yard field 35-40 deep 5 rows down and back 3 times.
Abs and/or cooldown.

It is not fun[/quote]

That would be tough. I read that Missouri has there players run 60 yard shuttles back and forth until they get 300 yards and I think they have to do it in under 54 seconds. And people wonder if there is any conditioning in baseball.

heres a fun one. 200 yard shuttles with 2 cones 25 yards away from one another. Sprint down and back 4 times. 100 yards straight is hard enough.

The hill is good works out your legs real good. Make sure when you go down, walk backwards for your calfs and to protect your knees.

But i agree with the stairs i love it, its not fun but the best workout ever. Especially when i get to the other side of the football field and explode up Amazing.

I never thought about walking down the hill backwards but that’s a great idea I’m going to start doing that.