HighSchool Senior Lefty Mechanics

I can put one on youtube but I like to look at them frame by frame to analyze, so here are some differents views of my bullpen session to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lj1jmnuokcy

http://www.mediafire.com/?jn0mzn3oxin

http://www.mediafire.com/?ah2tyviuttd

***Sorry for the big “trial version” banner, I had to convert them and I used a trial program.

can you try to stand still after your delivery ?

What?

Why?

I’m with you palo. Why?

I feel like i bring my throwing arm up to early and then waiting for my body to catch up. Does that sound right?

You could try to break your hands a little later if you feel the timing is off?

Mkloe,

Your hand break seems to be pretty well timed with your stride leg movement down and forward which I find to be a comfortable technique for many people. It also appears to me that you tend to gather your momentum as you lift your leg and then proceed forward after your leg reaches full lift. You might feel more comfortable if you got your hips going towards the plate during the leg lift. This should help you generate more momentum and get into foot plant quicker.

Do you feel your timing is awkward or do you like the way it feels? How are you throwing? Is there an issue you wish to correct? How is your arm health?

I think you look pretty good overall and I would not try too hard to fix what isn’t broken.

Best of luck,

Ted

[quote=“Ted”]Mkloe,

Your hand break seems to be pretty well timed with your stride leg movement down and forward which I find to be a comfortable technique for many people. It also appears to me that you tend to gather your momentum as you lift your leg and then proceed forward after your leg reaches full lift. You might feel more comfortable if you got your hips going towards the plate during the leg lift. This should help you generate more momentum and get into foot plant quicker.

Do you feel your timing is awkward or do you like the way it feels? How are you throwing? Is there an issue you wish to correct? How is your arm health?

I think you look pretty good overall and I would not try too hard to fix what isn’t broken.

Best of luck,

Ted[/quote]

My control is pretty good, I just want to maximize my velocity and to keep my arm healthy. I feel very comfortable with my current timing but I was just looking at photos of some pros like clemens and when there front foot is about to land, their arm and hand are below their shoulder, where my arm is in the high cocked position which makes me loose my upward tilt sooner and probably some velocity.
Thanks for the feedback so far

I see what you are saying but am not sure if it’s really an issue. You almost pause. Are you wantng a more flowing delivery? Do you think you will develop more velocity through it? Lanky Lefty has some really nice and interesting arm action drills on his log, you may get an idea to incorperate there.

Looks good to me man. I wouldn’t worry about it, your mechanics are just fine.

Yeah i do seem to pause, which I loose my momentum and as a result probably velocity, I dont see a pause in any pros. What and where is the lanky left drills you are referring to?

In the personal logs forum…oh…here’s the link;

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5449

Yeah i do seem to pause, which I loose my momentum and as a result probably velocity, I dont see a pause in any pros. What and where is the lanky left drills you are referring to?[/quote]

Well I’m not trying to stop you from changing anything but I have seen professionals that pause in their deliveries, particularly the oriental pitchers like Hideo Nomo, Chien Ming Wang and Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Ponson and CC pause I think too.

Just think it through because while there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be more fluid. I think you just need to make sure you can change correctly and thoroughly. If you don’t do it thoroughly you could end up with inconsistent mechanics and consistency is very important, you don’t want to lose your feel for your mechanics.

I see what you are saying on the pause, I wasn’t clear when I was referring to it but I was talking about my arm action right before my foot comes down(unless you are talking about the same thing). If you watch, my arm is still for a fraction of a second in the high cocked position, where if I keep my arm down low, I’ll have more time to increase the power going to my arm which should add some velocity I think.

[quote]In the personal logs forum…oh…here’s the link;

http://letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5449[/quote]

I have been following Tuffcuff like the bible, I’ve added 20 pounds of muscle since august, so with my season starting in 2 weeks, there won’t be too much more I can do in the way of working out to increase my power. I’m currently focusing on taking my mechanics to a professional level.

Okay in that instance yes, CC Sabathia and Sidney Ponson both do that. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. But anyways, they’re your mechanics do what you think is best. I just wanted you to think it over first.