Highschool ball

So I made my highschool baseball team. As a spot releiver mostly. They told me that since i dont throw hard and im not in the best of shape that i could only got 2 innings or so before the other team starts teaing off.
But hey its a start!
Plus the deduction theyre making is only based on my pitching velo and a couple times i pitched in their facilities. I dont throw hard I admit it but I have a splitter and a curveball that can get any guy out. also the times they have seen me pitch I had already thrown 2 days before ( my first pitching sessions are saturday and my highschool sessions are on monday) throwing to about 30 or so batters so it wasnt the best possible time hahaha. The biggest reason I made it was because I had 2 major people backing me up. #1 the instructor from my saturday clinics who is friends with the var coach and told him he should use me #2 because a coach who is helping my dad start a legion team also spoke with the coach
(hes actually the father of vinny rottino).

I plan to impress them when I do pitch so maybe i could work myself into a bigger role. It’s no different then any other team I have played on, I just have to produce good results and I can do that.

Gotty I tip my cap to ya! :smiley:
You got there and it’s great. Keep up the good attitude and work hard.
jd

[quote=“GottyJ”]So I made my highschool baseball team. As a spot releiver mostly. They told me that since i dont throw hard and im not in the best of shape that i could only got 2 innings or so before the other team starts teaing off.
But hey its a start![/quote]
Congrats, man!

[quote]Plus the deduction theyre making is only based on my pitching velo and a couple times i pitched in their facilities. I dont throw hard I admit it but I have a splitter and a curveball that can get any guy out. also the times they have seen me pitch I had already thrown 2 days before ( my first pitching sessions are saturday and my highschool sessions are on monday) throwing to about 30 or so batters so it wasnt the best possible time hahaha. The biggest reason I made it was because I had 2 major people backing me up. #1 the instructor from my saturday clinics who is friends with the var coach and told him he should use me #2 because a coach who is helping my dad start a legion team also spoke with the coach
(hes actually the father of vinny rottino).

I plan to impress them when I do pitch so maybe i could work myself into a bigger role. It’s no different then any other team I have played on, I just have to produce good results and I can do that.[/quote]
I would recommend a different goal because you really have no control over whether or not your coaches will be impressed. You could pitch your best ever and they might not be impressed. So, set goals that you have control over (e.g. hitting your spots a certain % of your pitches, xx number of walks per yy batters faced, etc.). They should be a bit of a stretch but still achievable. Achieving these goals will let you feel good about yourself regardless of whether your coaches are impressed. It will also improve your chances of more playing time assuming your coaches are perceptive. If you want your goals to be visible to your coaches, ask them to help you set your goals in the first place.

Oh I think you kind of misunderstood. I do plan to impress them yes but I wont lose sight of how I pitch , which is with a lot of control over my fastball and breaking pitches. It isnt the fact that I have a great splitter or curveball that makes me good . its the fact that I can throw all 3 of my pitches where I want and when I want (MOST of the time) My favorite pitch as of late has been an outside fastball when they’re looking for a breaking pitch. I dont know it for a fact but I just get a feeling for the batter