High School pitching

Hey all so i am currently 17 and in my senior year of high school. Due to a dislocated elbow my 8th grade year i was not able to pitch freshman, sophomore or junior year. I have been finally cleared to pitch again and i have been working on it the past month. I was just wondering if there is any advice or tips anyone would wanna give me to be more successful at high school level considering i have not been able to play it yet. I currently throw around 82-85 mph with a consistent curveball and circle change and i have a slider i am working on

Be aggressive, don’t nibble, and be fearless. Work on all aspects of the art…fielding well can save your bacon, suppressing the running game is great…but don’t lose focus on holding runners (Going over too many times is an invitation to an error and putting a runner in scoring position).
Mostly it’s being confident in what you have and going after batters. When you back down or nibble or let them take away your strength you’ve just lost and they will take advantage, you will be hurt…

Not to mention—I have seen too many instances where a pitcher will throw over to first and throw over to first and throw over to first because he’s afraid the runner will steal on him, and he gets so hung up on it that he loses focus—loses his concentration on what he should be concentrating on, and that’s getting the batter out. Then he finally makes a pitch to the plate, and it’s right where the batter wants it, down Broadway or middle-in, and the batter swings, and BLAM, over the fence it goes!
That pitcher lost sight of several important things. One, when you’re pitching with a runner or runners on base, go to the slide-step. When you do that the runner holds closer to the bag, afraid to go too far lest he get picked off. Two, the best move is a snap throw to the base; if the fielder is covering the bag the runner is again afraid to move, and if he dares take one step too far, you can nail him. But most important, you have to get the batter out. Sometimes if you don’t pay attention to the runner on first he’ll go ahead and steal second—we call that defensive indifference—okay, let him have the base if he wants it so much, but then you have to make sure he stays there.
And you have to make sure he doesn’t steal the signs and relay them to the batter; the thing to do there is call time, call the catcher out to the mound and tell him what you’re going to throw—and where. (Howie Pollet, an old-time St. Louis Cardinals ace, was a past master at this bit of strategy.) And be sure to conceal your pitches—I remember one of the first pieces of advice Ed Lopat gave me: “Be sure to use a big enough glove so the other team can’t read your pitches. Some of your stuff has distinctive grips.” Whew! that’s a lot to absorb, but you need to do it if you’re going to get the batter out and get out of the inning without being scored on. 8)

My son dislocated his elbow in a spring football game two months ago. It was reset that night and had to have surgery the following Monday. They had to reset the medial epicondyle with a screw. Were you completely out of baseball or just not able to pitch?

Don’t know if you’ll get a reply as this thread is 9 years old.

Just searching for some info/stories with elbow dislocation and baseball. Jut not much out there.