High Expetations

People on this sight and my freinds always ask me. Why do you pitch so much?, why do you work so hard? and i usually say, i dunno. but now im finally gunna confess. I was born into a hockey family, and i chose Baseball but my cousins and siblings are all verry successfull at the sport they chose. My cousin a great hockey player, just got sighned to the Pheniox Cyotes. My other cousin who is a girl is trying out for Team Canada in the Olympics and shes a regular player for Team B.C. My other cousin is a good hockey player he practically makes ever AAA team he trys out for. My family expects this kinda success from me.

Those are some real high expectations you got there so I just got a couple of things:

1. Relax, not everyone can do as well as they want. It’s life not everyone can succeed. But, if you do try hard enough you may get what you want but you gotta take it easy and understand failure is an option so even if you don’t go as far as you want, it’s not the end of the world. If you try too hard then you end up messing more than if you are relaxed and more stress free(more of a personal reference there).

2. I noticed you throw a lot of pitches. How old are you? And you may want to focus on a couple of them instead of trying to throw all of them.

Basically, relax and try hard, but don’t go over the top trying too hard and focus on a couple of pitches. There’s way more to life than just sports anyway. I’m not saying you can’t make it big, but if you don’t do as well as you want, it’s alright, just laugh it off and move on.

what he said about limiting your pitches couldnt be more true
up until this year i never really had any coaches that impacted me but this guy i got now is making me realize that 3 GOOD pitches are way way way better than 6 ehh pitches and theres no way that you can master or even have good command of even 5 or watevr
its about quality not quantity

I’ve never heard of any pitchers on any level who throw a knuckleball in their “mix” . Players who throw the kuckle throw nothing but knuckles. You can’t have your cake and eat it too, as they say, and the knuckle has way to much of a tell to make it worth your while to even try.

no i had a friend who had a knuckleball in his mix. he threw it the same motion as his fastball and it came in heavy and hard as hell. not amazing movement like wakefield but a ball coming in that hard and dancing always made me mad when i had to hit off him.

I dont no about your situation but i think that u should cut your pitching arsenal down to 3 or 4 pitches and focus on those to get them perfect.

Those velocities are guessed. :smiley: