High Elbow?

My coach asked my to work with this kid who wants to pitch but has no clue about it. One problem he has is his elbow gets way above his shoulder at release. is there any drills he can do to fix this?

Thanks alot
-Kaz

Is he tilting his head and spine? Or is he just tilting his shoulders?

He tilts his shoulders, but his arm just always gets above his shoulders.

Kaz,

If you can post some video then we can help you help the kid.

well I fixed his high elbow problem but then out came another problem. I don’t know what its called so I made a picture

Its like he’s coming at you down a mound. He’s a lefty in case your wondering. Its messed up

It looks like he’s got a posture issue. Head is upright but spine is tilted to the glove side. Or is he leaning forward?

Sorry the picture is pretty bad :lol: this is like a view of like 3/4 view from 1st base side. Sorry for bad graphic :lol:

here’s my sad attempt at his problem :lol:

[quote=“futureKazmir”]

here’s my sad attempt at his problem :lol:[/quote]

That’s not a high elbow, that’s a low elbow. And if his elbow is that low, he’s not throwing max effort. He probably isn’t experiencing much external rotation either. There is definitely potential for injury.

[quote=“xv84”][quote=“futureKazmir”]

here’s my sad attempt at his problem :lol:[/quote]

That’s not a high elbow, that’s a low elbow. And if his elbow is that low, he’s not throwing max effort. He probably isn’t experiencing much external rotation either. There is definitely potential for injury.[/quote]

He said that the high elbow problem was fixed, but a new one came up, and that was what the picture was of.