Hideki Irabu

I found this while searching through the mechanics analysis part of forum

can anyone make a gif file out of several of his motions? (and the Fujikawa one in the other thread) thanks

In the begining, his mechanics look really powerful to me, good tempo, you can really see how he rotates his hips hard and drives right before the delivery, solid arm action, peaking at like 99 mph. Mechanics that in my oppinion really allow someone to throw the ball with great speed and remain reletively injury free.

In the later half, it seems he loses some intensity in his windup, doesn’t look like hes trying to throw the ball through a wall. A bit more linear to the plate, throwing either a split or a shuuto. Still has what looks to be good 93-94 heat when he wants however.

Irabu had all the tools to succeed in the MLB, I’ve heard he just didn’t have the drive to be good.

He reminds me of nolan ryan, the high leg kick, the somewhat similiar arm action. lower body he looks like beckett though.

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]In the begining, his mechanics look really powerful to me, good tempo, you can really see how he rotates his hips hard and drives right before the delivery, solid arm action, peaking at like 99 mph. Mechanics that in my oppinion really allow someone to throw the ball with great speed and remain reletively injury free.

In the later half, it seems he loses some intensity in his windup, doesn’t look like hes trying to throw the ball through a wall. A bit more linear to the plate, throwing either a split or a shuuto. Still has what looks to be good 93-94 heat when he wants however.

Irabu had all the tools to succeed in the MLB, I’ve heard he just didn’t have the drive to be good.[/quote]

What I’ve heard is that he kind of… fell off mentally in pressured situations. I can see the change of delivery and him gaining some weight as the timing going on as the time goes.

But still, many remember his horrid 1997 but they all forget his pretty decent 1998 season and not so shabby 1999

I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing[/quote]

Wow he really does. Except sometimes when he adds the Arroyo complex with the leg out straight.

By the way go to 1:55. Reminds me of a Marlins game!!

On August 20, 2008, Irabu was arrested on the suspicion of assaulting the manager of the bar in Umeda, Osaka. He was upset that his Centurion Card was not accepted in the bar.

I’d love to have THAT problem!