Hi, my name is Tom, a 67 year old fantasy camper

After nearly 40 years I’m trying to recapture the ‘magic’. Next January I have an appointment in Goodyear, AZ for the Cleveland Indians’ Fantasy Camp, I may be the oldest guy there. I played high school, college, and a little semi-pro ball in the Cleveland area and after attending the Tribe’s spring training games the last two years I became inspired to give it a try, I just hope this old body will co-operate. In everyday life I’m a retired airline pilot living in Livingston, Montana.

Tom Helwick

ps here’s my delivery http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSJZ_8dDYM

Welcome!

Delivery doesn’t look that bad. A little “tighter” control of the glove may help with control. And not letting it swing behind you will help you protect yourself better in the even of a come-backer.

Oh, and conditioning might be in order. (Or maybe it’s just the altitude?)

Welcome

Tom…I love the idea and your spirit. Nice touch with the Indians ballcap and Chief Wahoo on the shirt.

I am a very recently retired State Trooper, a tad younger but this might just inspire me to take a trip to Goodyear to see the Tribe. I hope Bob Feller is still kicking around the field when I get there. I predict you’ll have a blast. 8)

[quote=“Dino”]Tom…I love the idea and your spirit. Nice touch with the Indians ballcap and Chief Wahoo on the shirt.

I am a very recently retired State Trooper, a tad younger but this might just inspire me to take a trip to Goodyear to see the Tribe. I hope Bob Feller is still kicking around the field when I get there. I predict you’ll have a blast. 8)[/quote]

Dino,

Thanks for the kind words, with some strength training and conditioning I hope to be able to keep it airborne for 60 feet 6 inches.

Dino, if you do get out to Goodyear, let me know and I’ll join ya’. First cold one is on me!