Hey

Hello,
I have never pitched before, put played baseball. So is it better to after the motion, put your arm into the throw or just let it roll off your fingers? Please let me know so i can practice with my pitcher friends.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking but welcome!

Welcome! like roger said not sure whats ur asking. but im guessing you mean should you let your arm go across your body. the answers yes. always follow through or it might be high

Is it that english isnt your first language and you used and auto translator?

Let me explain something here. The whole idea is to get your entire body into the action—to drive off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion, and that is how you generate the power behind your pitches. This also takes a lot of pressure off the arm and the shoulder, and it’s the wrist action that will do the work. Important: you have to throw everything with the same arm motion and the same arm speed, because you do NOT want to telegraph your pitches.
You can work from the full windup and the stretch, depending on the circumstances (runners on base, for example). You can experiment with both the long-arm and the short-arm versions of your delivery—the former being the full arm extension, the latter just snapping it through—but one thing you have to be sure to do is follow through, finish your pitches and end up in a good fielding position. I know, this sounds like a lot to absorb, but you can divide it up into sections, work on it one increment at a time. And above all—have fun. Baseball is, after all, a game. 8) :slight_smile: :baseballpitcher:

LakeMI-
welcome to the forum!