hey

hey guys whats up. Wondering if i would gain 5-7mph on my fastball. Perferably hit about 85mph. If i did this.
Monday, wednesday, friday. Alan Jaegers long toss program.

Still got about 2-3 weeks before season starts. Even when season starts i am still going to long toss. That will get my velocity up right.
I know off season you gain ur strength and velocity and in season you maintain it. Well i live where its winter and cold out basically all year. Except april, may, june, july, august.

Anyways i was wondering if someone could maybe take the time and email me a monday-friday workout plan that would get my velocity up.

I do just about everything. Long toss, plyometrics, rubber band tubing, sprints, medicine ball, core. but i need a guide on how much to do and what exercises to do all summer. I do care about my baseball team. But i also want to gain velocity during the summer as well.
I can give you guys my email. Which is: baseballpitcher166@hotmail.com

Check out Eric Cressey’s “Maximum Strength” book.

i would love to look at his book. but i perfer not to pay anything or buy anything online. Just if someone wants to email me a monday-friday schedule on what to do to increase velocity would be awesome.

Just a piece of advice fireball999.

If you didn’t make the same thread every single day, people might be more inclined to just answer your question the first time you posted it.

Relax. You’ll find the answers you’re looking for if you just give it time.

Hey, fireball—didn’t anyone ever tell you about “THE SECRET”? I guess not. Well, let me spell it out for you. In a nutshell, it involves getting your whole body into the action—driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous (and seamless) motion so as to generate more power behind your pitches. Doing this will take a lot of pressure off your arm and shoulder; they seem to be just going along for the ride, and you find yourself throwing harder—and faster—with less effort.
I learned “THE SECRET” many moons ago. I would go to the original Yankee Stadium every chance I got, and I would watch the pitchers from my perch in the upper deck behind home plate. I noticed that the Yanks’ legendary Big Three rotation was doing the same thing—and I saw just how they were doing it. I made a note of it and started working on it on my own, and as I practiced this essential element of good mechanics I found that I was doing the same thing those guys were. And I discovered that this was how NOT to get a sore arm or a sore elbow or a sore shoulder or a sore anything else; even with my lack of speed I was throwing harder and faster, and my natural sidearm delivery had more snap and sizzle to it.
There are a number of drills and exercises, including the “Hershiser” drill which focuses on getting the hips fully involved, available on this website for you to check out. And I’ll tell you another little secret: throw every day. Many astute pitching coaches advise this; whether it’s just playing catch for fifteen minutes or doing a full bullpen session, throw every day, because that’s the best way to keep the arm loose and flexible and avoid injury. I did, and on the occasions when I would relieve between starts (in the late innings) this counted as throwing every day.
So go to it! 8) :baseballpitcher: