Hey

Hey everyone! I’m Andrew. I’m a southpaw from central Illinois and absolutely love pitching! I’m 17 and a senior in high school and plan on playing dIII ball next year at a school in the middle of Iowa. Thanks to my lovely parents I got the short gene (5’6’’ 150lbs) so I’m a junk pitcher with a fastball in the mid to upper 70s, a curveball, change, and knuck. Glad to be a part of this site!!

bingo bango bongo, welcome!

Welcome aboard, Andrew! You can be sure you’ll find a lot of interesting information, maybe even a little controversy to spice things up, and if you have questions there are plenty of us ready and willing to answer. And rest assured, you’re not the only “shrimp” here—look at Bobby Shantz, who was only 5’6" and that didn’t stop him from being a great pitcher. I myself am 5’4", and in my playing days I was a righthanded sidearmer who used the crossfire extensively. :slight_smile:

If you need any help with that knuck just let me know, I am the resident knuckleballer of these parts.

Thanks you guys!

Welcome!

Welcome! Where in Central Illinois? I went to college in Peoria and played in the Central Illinois Collegiate League (CICL) for 2 summers…

LOTS of MLB baseball players are from central Illinois.

I love to visit Peoria! It’s a cool place but I’m a little farther south in Springfield.