Hey, Steve, How About Putting On A Pitching Clinic?

While sitting here reading the various posts an interesting thought came to me…

I know I’ve definitely benefitted from membership on this web site and I believe others have as well.

This question/suggestion is intended specifically for the author of this site, Steven Ellis, but is indirectly aimed at others out there who may feel the same way as I do.

Steve,
How about putting on a one or two day PITCHING ONLY clinic next year (the site and date(s) to be determined by you) intended specifically for your present membership (and anyone else who may decide to join in the interum)?

It could include presentations by the individuals you’ve brought on board to help educate us like trainer Dave, Chris O’Leary, Rtusk40, and whomever else you’d want. Though you would be the “featured” speaker, maybe you could bring in (depending on how much they’d charge you) “controversial” figures like Dr. Mike Marshall and/or Dick Mills to explain their own “theories”.

The best part for the membership (depending on how many chose to attend) would be the chance to speak “face-to-face” with members we’ve met through this web site. Getting to meet the presenters and people like dm59, CADad, coach Ric, CoachKreber, Coach 45, jdfromfla, chinmusic, Coach Dixon, and Coach DeLunas - to name just a few - would be a blast.

Upon returning home, we’d at least have an “image” of whom we were conversing/arguing/whatever with the next time we visited this web site (God, maybe that’s too frightening a thought!)

Seriously, I for one would attend not only for the education I’d be able to get, but also for the opportunity to say “thanks” in person to a number of different people I’ve been able to meet that have shared their knowledge.

I guess what I’m also requesting of members of this web site is (and I don’t want to do a poll) if you were interested in attending such an event - post your reply (and whatever suggestions for the clinic you may choose to offer) so that instead of this just being a possibility, it could become a reality.

Anyone else out there interested?

i would love it. i couldnt wait to next year. what about this summer? it’d have to be late summer for me. ive got our summer league in june. then aau basketball national championship tournament first week of july.
then in late july we are hosting a aau national championship and a usssa national champoionship in baseball. maybe you could come to kingsport during one of those weeks and host a clinic/forum. being a little selfish there - id go wherever you choose.
but sqwezeplay has a great idea there. our whole program is pitching oriented - i couldnt think of a better event to go to myself and take some of our youth league coaches to.

Skwezeplay–nice thought. I would love to attend wherever it is. I have always thought about a pitching only clinic and what kind of response it would get. Most pitching clinics are given by one coach/instructor so the ideas are limited to that persons perspective and you only hear one side. The clinics that our staff is asked to go to always involve speakers on various subjects and I pick and choose the pitching presentations to attend. I end up hearing a lot of the same stuff from coaches talking to them at games or in the summer.

The winter or late fall would probably be best for most coaches because of summer ball and fall season. I would love to get together and talk pitching. The more information the better.

Squeeze,

Great idea. I’d love to be able to put faces with names. One way or another I would plan to attend if Mr. Ellis could figure out how to put something like this together. If guys really wanted to see a couple of Marshall’s guys pitch, as part of this, I could probably arrange a live exhibition if there is room to throw.

Late fall or early winter also works best for me, but I’m flexible.

Coach45

[quote=“skwezeplay”]While sitting here reading the various posts an interesting thought came to me…

I know I’ve definitely benefitted from membership on this web site and I believe others have as well.

This question/suggestion is intended specifically for the author of this site, Steven Ellis, but is indirectly aimed at others out there who may feel the same way as I do.

Steve,
How about putting on a one or two day PITCHING ONLY clinic next year (the site and date(s) to be determined by you) intended specifically for your present membership (and anyone else who may decide to join in the interum)?

It could include presentations by the individuals you’ve brought on board to help educate us like trainer Dave, Chris O’Leary, Rtusk40, and whomever else you’d want. Though you would be the “featured” speaker, maybe you could bring in (depending on how much they’d charge you) “controversial” figures like Dr. Mike Marshall and/or Dick Mills to explain their own “theories”.

The best part for the membership (depending on how many chose to attend) would be the chance to speak “face-to-face” with members we’ve met through this web site. Getting to meet the presenters and people like dm59, CADad, coach Ric, CoachKreber, Coach 45, jdfromfla, chinmusic, Coach Dixon, and Coach DeLunas - to name just a few - would be a blast.

Upon returning home, we’d at least have an “image” of whom we were conversing/arguing/whatever with the next time we visited this web site (God, maybe that’s too frightening a thought!)

Seriously, I for one would attend not only for the education I’d be able to get, but also for the opportunity to say “thanks” in person to a number of different people I’ve been able to meet that have shared their knowledge.

I guess what I’m also requesting of members of this web site is (and I don’t want to do a poll) if you were interested in attending such an event - post your reply (and whatever suggestions for the clinic you may choose to offer) so that instead of this just being a possibility, it could become a reality.

Anyone else out there interested?[/quote]

I agree it would be interesting. I personally doubt very much I would attend such an event. For several reasons one being I doubt very much my current protocol for proper training for throwers/players would be modified nor would my views on throwing mechanics. That being said by this time next year if everything falls into place I will be working out of a uniquely expansive training center. This has been in the works for a very long time and much energy has been put into the endeavour. The right kinds of people as well as the right people themselves have come into play and it should happen. Perhaps, if it does come to pass the event could be held there? What a way that would be to open a [specific element] of a training center! HHHMMM, Steven?

August or Sept. for me.
Everything else has comittments all over it. And besides that it’s the middle of hurricane season so it’s a great excuse to flee.

Im in for a camp/instructor!!

Once again it would have to be late summer as well.

I would love to meet the people on the board

what a great idea. of course you would need a field to have a camp. maybe with steve’s influence he could talk to a college or high school to see if we could use their facility. it could be a one or two day pitching/catcher camp. you could find hotels in the area to stay and so on. video analize the pitchers for feedback and maybe pitch to live batters being of course the catchers. i’m sure must parents would agree that a catcher is their best friend. how about the second week of august the 7th to the 12th? the place could be close to steve’s hometown near the middle of illinois. the pitchers would have a 2 day camp and would stay as long as they would like for other feedback during the week. meaning 3 two day camps. the coaches and steve would actually have a week long camp. we could set up a packet full of information on showcases, scout and college camps, and maybe fall ball info.

??????????? what do ya think????????

I’d love to attend.

I’d prefer some place central that I could drive to from St. Louis.

Bump…

Just wanted to see if you’re thinking about doing one in the future?