Hey guys important question

I am 6’3, 200 pounds. I am a Sophomore that is 15 years old. I am in the weight room constantly now and plan on continuing that habit, I play baseball all the time and it is my life. My mechanics right now are about at a 6/10. I am throwing 81, 82 consistent and top out at 85. I was wondering how much MPH before i graduate high school. My goal is to be at 88 89 consistent. Is that reasonable? I mainly catch but pitching is fun also. Please leave a comment!!

Yes, 89 mph is a reasonable goal, but I think you can do better. At 6’3" you could easily get 93. Granted your mechanics improved a bit. Heck, by your senior year, I could see you hitting 95. You are a physical specimen, and it would be great if you exploited your natural abilities and physique.

WHAT?! 95? Thats one hell of an improvement. I will continue working my tail of and see what i can do! My goal is to be 220 lbs and i think that is achievable. I never realized i have the potential to throw that hard. But now i know i do. That gives me motivation to work even harder!! I wanna be the best!

I don’t know about that. I definitely think you can improve but thinking mid 90s is a little bit up there. I’d just keep working at it.

I think having a goal set around the mid to upper 80s is more realistic. Not a lot of people have the genetics to throw 90, regardless of work ethic. You may be one of them but don’t set your hopes that high yet, you’ll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

At your age and size you really should be aiming for mid 80s consistently, I think it’s awesome to want to set the bar high but you do need to remember to keep things realistic and within reach.

i read something somewhere saying every human on earth can throw 80 to 89 mph with conditioning and good mechanics. guys in the mid to upper 90s though are individual with special abilities.

Could you find a link to that article for me 4pie?

Thanks guys. I know mid 90s is out of reach. But i think God has blessed me with some very special abilities. I’m not saying I will be able to throw mid 90s but i think its possible to be in the 88-91 range or something like that.

It may not be out of reach, but you don’t want to expect that right away, especially since you have plenty of time to mature physically.