Hey Everyone

Hi everyone. I’m real excited to be here. I’m a college junior playing in FL (DII). I’m a LHP, just trying to learn as much as I can and talk some baseball and pitching.

Welcome to the forum! What is your favorite out pitch? I loved throwing the fork back in the day.

I’m a bit of a soft tosser (81-84), and I change speeds alot. My out pitch would be my change up. I also throw a knuckle curve.

Hello there, and welcome aboard! I myself was a confirmed snake-jazz pitcher, not much on speed but with an extensive arsenal of breaking pitches. My best pitch was a hard slider which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty”, after a character in an old W.C. Fields movie, because that was exactly what that pitch was; it had a sharp late break to it, and batters used to let loose with a whole stream of assorted invectives and imprecations and just plain cusswords because they couldn’t hit it for sour apples. I was a sidearmer all the way, and I used the crossfire extensively, and I pitched for more than two decades until I was forced to stop when my work schedule caught up with me and I lost my free weekends. But it was great fun, and I never lost a game. :smiley: 8)

Welcome!

Change ups are great pitches to throw. Jamie Moyer has had a ton of success with the change up and he doesn’t throw heaters.

You can never have too many changeups.
Babe Ruth—who knew a thing or two about pitching—once said that a good changeup will cause batters more grief than just about anything else. And my pitching coach of long ago once told me that just about any pitch could be turned into a nice changeup, and he demonstrated several such for me. Because I was a snake-jazzer—not much on speed—I went in that direction and amassed a whole arsenal of such pitches, albeit some were faster than others; the important thing was control and command, which I worked hard on.
And I got the biggest kick out of watching opposing batters get themselves out! :slight_smile: