Hey CardsWin

Stop dredging up 5 year old inactive threads with your inane comments. You’re screwing up the board. What are you trying to do? Pad the number of your posts so you can go to the next “level”?

well said lol. kids these days

I agree with you to the highest level. I used to moderate a forum, if threads over 6 months became activated by a member who wanted more posts, we would ban them temporarily from posting. Why is there no report button to report spam posts, aka what cards win did all last night?

Thanks guys.

I’d like to see threads more than 1 year old get automatically “locked”.

They could still be read for information, of course, but they shouldn’t be bumped back to the top by an inane post just so someone who registered on August 30, 2010 and already has over 700 posts can get to 1,000 or whatever the number is that gives him the next member “level”.

This forum needs more moderation, it is cluttered with posts that are a couple years old. Start giving infractions for spamming old posts, especially when the post is an irrelevant post that just adds to their post count which seems some people care about.

We will discuss this and see, I agree that we don’t want “clutter” and a re-emergence of long past threads.
Stay tuned.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]We will discuss this and see, I agree that we don’t want “clutter” and a re-emergence of long past threads.
Stay tuned.[/quote]

Maybe this will aid in your discussion.

I’ve resurrected a few old threads myself, but its not as though I’ve gone looking for them. In fact its been quite the opposite. FI, when I reopened that thread about Bill Thurston, I’d just been reading some other post, and the Bill Thurston thread popped up at the top of the “Related Topics”. I was intrigued because I recognized the name, read it, and one thing led to another.

Now if y’all don’t want us looking at those threads with the possibility of making a post in them, why not just stop the “Related Topic” from showing unless someone actually looks for them?

What CW did was just silly, and could be easily taken care of with an admonishment and removing whatever threads are bothersome. But those are exactly the kinds of things that are going to happen when there are awards at stake. Its no different than in the game itself. When there’s some kind of perceived “honor” or “celebrity” at stake, there will always be those who wish to take a shortcut to it.

CardsWin, I just sent you a PM… please check your inbox on LTP

[quote=“scorekeeper”]
I’ve resurrected a few old threads myself, but its not as though I’ve gone looking for them. In fact its been quite the opposite. FI, when I reopened that thread about Bill Thurston, I’d just been reading some other post, and the Bill Thurston thread popped up at the top of the “Related Topics”. I was intrigued because I recognized the name, read it, and one thing led to another. [/quote] At this point I would recommend that you create a new topic, post a link to the old topic, and say hey look, this is my two sense on a subject that I’m looking at, what do ya’ll think?

[quote=“scorekeeper”]Now if y’all don’t want us looking at those threads with the possibility of making a post in them, why not just stop the “Related Topic” from showing unless someone actually looks for them? [/quote]Related topics are there to help anyone who reads the forum, not there to find posts with which to post on.

But that is the thing. This isn’t about an award at stake, or the honor of making the hall of fame. A guy doesn’t get into the major leagues and hall of fame because he wanted to, a guy gets there because of the love he has for the game. I’m here not to accumulate posts, nor do I personally care if I ever make it to 1500. I just want to learn about pitching more, expand my knowledge, etc. I believe those posts that are there just to get posts should be removed. Especially ones that are like. [quote]Nice post[/quote]
They are pointless, if you think it is nice, why not tell us why it is nice, where you agree with it, maybe even further expand on the previous thought.

[quote=“scorekeeper”][quote=“jdfromfla”]We will discuss this and see, I agree that we don’t want “clutter” and a re-emergence of long past threads.
Stay tuned.[/quote]

Maybe this will aid in your discussion.

I’ve resurrected a few old threads myself, but its not as though I’ve gone looking for them. [/quote]

I don’t have any problem with this … and encourage it. The issue with CardsWin is that he’s resurrecting 4-5 year old threads and adding little to no new value to the discussion. So whereas you and most people who resurrect an old thread to dive deeper, CardsWin “appears” to simply be just padding posts… just sayin’

I totally understand. I just wanted to get on record that I’d hate to see the old ones locked because someone acted inappropriately.

But what I said about the seeking of some kind of trophy is true. I seriously doubt that Zita, JD, yourself, or many other regular posters really think a lot abut whether they’ve reached some numerical representation of a goal reached, but that doesn’t mean everyone posting feels the same way.

I suspect its just the lack of understanding that earning respect requires more than reaching some numerical goal. No big deal. Just another step in the journey. :wink:

CSO, although you’re always more than welcome to comment on anything you like, my post was directed toward the administrators more than for general discussion.

Someone obviously had a little to much time on their hands haha

SK, sorry about, I was just throwing out suggestions of what may be best. The admins of course get final word. I just remember when I moderated a bigger forum, the community helped with ideas as well.

We - the admins - are always open to suggestions. That’s why there is a Suggestions and Feedback forum.

I personally feel the old threads still contain valuable information so they should be retained. They do fall off the front page so you don’t have to see them but they’re there if you want to search for something. I would only aks that folks only resurrect an old thread if you had something new to add.

I agree that all threads contain valuable information and I don’t see anything wrong per se with resurrecting an old thread with legitimate new input. CardsWin just went overboard resurrecting ancient threads with posts such as “Thanks for the links”, “I don’t know any”, “Welcome back”, “Sounds interesting”, “I’ve never heard of NV baseball”, “What is a fantasy football league?”, “Never heard of him myself”, “I never heard of him”, etc.. :roll:

[quote=“SeanBaseball14”]Someone obviously had a little to much time on their hands haha[/quote] lol i agree. i hate when people bring up old posts

Well it’s got us all a little riled up but there is more activity.